3499 FUT with Dr Rahal

Hello Amigo's :D

Here is my write up for my procedure i had with Dr Rahal.

So i spent 4 days in Ottawa before the day of the procedure, myself and my brother decided to stay downtown and enjoy the time here. We had a great 4 days and it was nice to relax here before having the procedure, everyone seemed so friendly.

Here's a little picture took with my Iphone

After having a few days to relax it was time for the day of the operation, i had as much breakfast as my stomach would take. I got to Rahals clinic at 6:30, the first thing i had to do was fill out 12 pages of forms, after this it was time to get my pre op photo's taken by Mike who was really friendly and made polite conversation. After the pictures were taken i then went and waited in the lobby until i was called in to Rahal's office to design the hairline. What can i say about this part.. it was very quick and as proffesional as you can imagine! he had this kind of cool swagga about him when he was drawing the hair line on, he'd kind of stare and tweak little bits but this was a very exciting part, the hairline he drew was just what i was hoping (as you can see in my pre op photos i took of myself i had actually designed a higher hairline) he explained that its not too aggressive but yeah its low enough to give good coverage.

We then discussed how many grafts are needed, and he was slightly concerned at my age and any future receding in the middle part of my scalp so he wanted to stick to no more than 3000 grafts as initionally planned. This suited me as i had money saved for more if needed which meant i did not need to dip in to this, he explained 3000 would be more than enough to give a good dentisity and if anymore is ever needed for the future then i shall have around 60% donor left.

So once i saw Dr Rahal, it was time to get into the blue gown and get ready for action!, so it started with a few pills to take and then the injections, i fainted during the injections but i think this is something to do with myself not liking needles! as i fainted a few months ago when i got my blood tests. I picked 2 movies and enjoyed some of Rahal's ipod collection, i would not say the operation hurt as such.. the discomfort was mainly laying down for so long and my neck slightly aching but this was not a big problem, it took about 8 hours overall from the time i went in to the time i came out, I tried to sleep for some of the time which helped me to relax. Dr Rahal popped in and out to make sure everything was going okay. I was being asked every 5 minutes if i was feeling okay and everyone working on me was very professional and caring. It was kind of a surreal experience but everything went really well and seeing Dr Rahal pop in and out telling me everything is going really well was a nice relief.

After all grafts had been planted, it was time to get cleaned up and bandaged up. I then met with Mike and went through a few things, he was very helpful and answered all questions. After the procedure i headed to Foxbar with my brother who kindly moved everything in for me for my arrival. Today is my last day here and i can say the house is very relaxing and very nice, we had the whole top floor and everything has been great here.

The day after the op i went back to get cleaned up by Mike, i then met with Rahal and he seemed very pleased with everything and gave me a whole lot of free grafts which im very appreciative! I then walked back to Foxbar to spend the last night there (literally a 2 min walk from the clinic to Foxbar)

Im off to go get cleaned up in a few hours then fly back tonight, im pretty swollen today and look a bit silly haha but im not really in any pain, nothing the pills cant handle! I will meet with Dr Rahal one more time and get suited and booted ready for my plane journey home!

I ended up getting more grafts than expected due to my density being higher than Rahal expected, the extra 500 grafts made the whole area slightly more dense. i have attached some photo's, as you can see im pretty swollen! Dr Rahal said the hairline will appear higher due to the swelling, it will be lower once the swelling goes!, so overall i am very happy with procedure! i understand i still need to be taking propecia and regaine to fight hair loss and understand i may need more work if the middle of my scalp goes but for now i hope this will grow very nicely! im very happy with everyone at Dr Rahals clinic and highly recommend Dr Rahal to anyone considering a HT!

Overall i am very happy with the whole experience, the first night after the op sucked and barley got much sleep but the second night was MUCH better. I will leave it at this as im pretty tired and need to pack but if anyone has any questions then please feel free to ask!

I will keep my blog update so please keep checking back

Onwards and Upwards

Jacob

IMG_3673.jpg.b34efa16414794c79292bd49551b0d55.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg.e61b13b829a96c9d23502f27d0aa9f6d.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg.1b361a050718de4c9a9e77742d5c66b0.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg.72d2ba6a02bb9641d2f1e332b0c74dbf.jpg

Hi mate

Great write up. I had work done by Feriduni in Belgium and his work is very reminiscent of Dr Rahal's. What impresses me about Rahal and his patients is that, unlike some of the fanboys and flag wavers on here, they don't court controversy and Dr Rahal quietly gets on with doing top work.

Congratulations and Keep us posted Jacob.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks everyone, at home and healing now. Last night on the recliner. Following all the steps as instructed so just looking forward to healing now. Will keep updating when i see some change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Congratulation Jacob... The waiting game starts from today. You are lucky to get 60% density, mine was 55%. I'm sure your hairline will look dense and beautiful.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]