5.5 week update with picture...Need some advice

NEWHAIRPLEASE

Okay, just wondering what you guys think here...Ive attached one picture...contrary to what I said, as I said I would not post anymore till the 2 month mark because Im trying not to dwell on it...this maybe impossible to answer, BUT here is my question

You will be able to see from the picture I have some small beard like hairs.that are certainly different lengths than the other hairs...I have not had a hair cut since my surgery 5.5 weeks ago...Im wondering if this is transplanted hair growing, or shocked hair coming back??? Could be a combo of both as I did have quite a bit of recipient shock...anyway, I think this is good!!

IMG_1758.jpg.bbbb549abdd737f3b123827d52b9ebc4.jpg

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

with my experience new hairs are thin n whisp at first and get stronger in months so probably be transplanted hairs ready to drop out or carry on growing as some survive, what area have you had done? as ive had 2 bad transplants and looking for doc for third? cheers james

Hard to tell NHP. I know that at about that stage, I had a lot of native hair growing back, some of which had shed following the transplant....that stage where it looks worse before it gets better. It seems that it would be really early for transplanted hairs to be growing. I say my first transplanted hairs starting to come out at about 8 weeks which is considered really early. Like you said, it is good either way because you have hairs growing out :) No doubt you are on the upswing now!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

NHP, it should not matter! Any hair is GOOD hair! You had surgery with Dr. Rahal. You will be looking great by Summer! Remember, his patients are usually early growers! Best of luck!

Oh, and BTW, it looks like new HT hair to me!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

with my experience new hairs are thin n whisp at first and get stronger in months so probably be transplanted hairs ready to drop out or carry on growing as some survive, what area have you had done? as ive had 2 bad transplants and looking for doc for third? cheers james

If you are looking for a third doc and need reconstruction work, you should really talk with Dr. Vogel from Baltimore. He has a lot of patients that have had bad HT's.