Fat Tissue on Finasteride?????

sjones23

I have gain a few pounds, but I don't know that I could blame fin for that.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Fin can cause an increase in estrogen, as DHT is your bodies way of regulating this. Hence the reason why get gynecomastia can be a problem with using this drug.

Oestrogen does increase the bodies storage of fat and water retention.

Not certain for everyone, but its possible.

Edited by JayWalker

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

It seems like people are blaming finasteride these days if they get a toothache...

No seriously, I know some people have some serious sides on it, however, Ive said out it before, I think the sides are blown way out of proportion!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

POISON POISON POISON ... PROPECIA IS A POSION... I'd rather have a penis that functions well and masculine chest rather than hair.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I always chuckle when I read the proposed "side effect" of Finasteride . No doubt any drug may have side effects but I always say "you can make yourself believe anything".

The same faulty thinking which suggests "my" hairloss is from Shampoo, stress, hats, etc. is repsonsible for many of these "side effects".

I'm not saying there cannot be any however people tend to always look for "Causality" and many times will automaticaly assume events to "fill the gaps"and give their mind an explanation.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I always chuckle when I read the proposed "side effect" of Finasteride . No doubt any drug may have side effects but I always say "you can make yourself believe anything".

The same faulty thinking which suggests "my" hairloss is from Shampoo, stress, hats, etc. is repsonsible for many of these "side effects".

I'm not saying there cannot be any however people tend to always look for "Causality" and many times will automaticaly assume events to "fill the gaps"and give their mind an explanation.

Yes, but do some reading up on Estrogen and DHT's role in the body, and you will see that this isnt an internet forum myth.

People should be aware of potential side effects of a drug, before they take it.

Not saying that you will get any, but it is possible.

Not doubting any potential effects as metioned in my mail

My point is the many posts where the person is claiming all sorts of outlandish side effects from the drug, many of which they report within a day or two.

Any drug or vitamin can cause certain reactions

For the record, I have been on Finasteride for over 10 years and have no problems.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Doubt it! Up until last year when I used to fight I used to cut weight for cage fights just as easy at 31 years old and ten years of propecia use as when I was 19 and not using propecia one thing I did notice over the years is I've struggled to put big muscle on but I do huge amounts of cardio and am 6ft 2 so that could be the reason for that also I've never been a 5 day a week weight lifter.

One thing I find interesting my face hasn't aged since I was 19 I'm 32 now and girls in clubs are always shocked at my age they always think I'm 20 ish.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

My point is the many posts where the person is claiming all sorts of outlandish side effects from the drug, many of which they report within a day or two.

Totally agree with that.

Strength wise I'm not sure if it has benifited me but it never held me back I've fought all over the world and only ever lost one fight in my life.

The people I went to school with all look really old and warn out when I look at them and when I've seen a few they've said I thought that was you but you looked to young to be you. I honestly believe it's because I started on propecia as a teenager also I can't grow a full beard yet and I don't have a single hair on my chest! now that's not normal but I luv it. If I compare photos of me at 20 and 32 I look the same. Coincidence? Maybe who knows!

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk