Where to go in New York City for Hair Transplant ?

Furry

Hi,

I am new in this forum and I was wondering if someone could recommend a good surgeon or clinic for hair transplant in New York City ?

Also would you recommend a mega session or split it in two or more sessions?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Best

J

Furry,

Welcome! NY City boasts a variety of world-class hair transplant surgeons. Click here for a list of all the surgeons in NY recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dr Feller immediately pops into my head.

Whether you should, or will need to, spilt the surgery into two sessions will depend on exactly how much work you require. Generally I think it's best to get as much done in one procedure as possible (and sometimes two will be necessary). Stating the obvious, this means that you don't have to go through the surgery twice, which is a good thing even if choosing a minimally-invasive procedure like FUE. It could also work out cheaper overall as many surgeons structure it so their per-graft price drops when a certain number is reached.

With surgeons routinely performing surgery with very high graft counts and with no impact on procedure success, I see no reason to undergo two transplants if your goals can be met with one.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Feller then Feller then Feller. Good luck :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

This question comes up a lot on the various hair loss forums. You will generally see the same names over and over.

I live in NY, and I consulted with both Dr. Feller (in Great Neck) and Dr. Dorin.

I chose Dr. Dorin over Feller and I am very glad I did.

Definitely consult with both (and/or Dr. True who works with Dr. Dorin). You might want to add Dr. Carlos Wesley to your list as well. He is in NYC, and is also recommended on this site.

Obviously, if you don't mind traveling outside on NY, you have a lot more options, but that is up to you to decide.

Dr. Rahal comes to NYC for consults on occasion, so you might want to look into him as well. He and Hasson & Wong are best known for doing larger sessions, so if you have extensive loss, definitely look into doing a consult with them.

I recommend extending your search beyond just NYC as this is a life long thing and you don't want to just hinder your search by just a certain area...esp if you need a mega session...I would def recommend Rahal and H&W. It doesn't hurt to get an online consult with them. I too started just looking in the NYC region but then realized that I needed to go elsewhere to get my mega session. Keep your options open and the more doctors you speak with the better educated you will become and know what can and can not be done with your hair loss situation.

I flew all the way over from the UK to Dr Feller in NY. Best decision i ever made.

If you need 4500+ grafts then look into HW otherwise you have literally one of the very best and most respected surgeons in your back yard, literally.

Dr Feller gets my vote.

Ju

Thank you all for your replies, they are really helpful.

I will check Dr Dorin and Feller that are the closest to where I live. I am planning to have 2000 grafts transplanted. Therefore costs will be something to take in consideration.

Thanks again,

I have had all four of my HT's with Dr. True. This is quite rare for most people on here as I have been very pleased with all of my procedures and the results.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I had Dr. True perform all 4 of my surgeries.

Best decision I ever made!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

After having several hair transplant procedures years ago by another doctor, I was put in a position which made my donor resources very limited. Taking Propecia has helped my hair loss from advancing but I still needed refinement of my hairline and added density in the frontal area, both areas which are all transplanted.

After doing research on several doctors I chose Dr. Dorin to perform what would likely be by last HT procedure. I made my decision based on positive reviews about Dr. Dorin, the results I had seen on his patients and his approach to my case. The most important criteria of course was the results, which I had seen on actual patients. Photos were not enough for me.

Dr. Dorin recommended harvesting donor by both FUT and FUE, which made sense since FUT alone would have only yielded a few hundred grafts. In addition, FUE alone would not have worked as I would not have been able to conceal a large FUE area.

I had the procedure on Sept. 30 and received 983 grafts, which were placed along the hairline and central front. From my observation Dr. Dorin and his staff are a talented group that are serious about what they do. Afterwards the level of discomfort was minimal and the ATP spray they send you home with helps speed up the healing. Compared to the other procedures I had this one was the easiest from start to finish. I look forward to having a more natural looking hairline and more hair overall.