The Illusion, the HT, the Bleach and the Buzz

Which is the before pic? Just wanted to show you how HTs are magic, but when they are cut short, all kinds of stuff can happen. So bear?-bare? that in mind when making your HT plans. Good Luck keeping your hair guys. I'm just about done because a crown dying on me aint gonna help that nice Mr. Blonde anymore:)

Answer: Mr Blonde 12 months ago. Mr Buzz 6 months ago.

longbleach.jpg.eb2969e4f98d4556e8698d81a86e8a0e.jpg

buzz.jpg.3dbd940b64231874742439312ea48c1a.jpg

Edited by scar5
12 months ago, not 12 years!

Good post scar5. It reminds me of Jotronic's short hair pics - but you went all the way down! It's true that transplanted hair needs some length to achieve an illusion of density.

Weren't you looking into scalp micro-pigmentation? If you like the buzz cut it might be an option for you.

Edited by aaron1234

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Weren't you looking into scalp micro-pigmentation? If you like the buzz cut it might be an option for you.

Thanks

Yes, MP is exactly is what I am now looking at.

I am pretty sure I am a very good candidate for pigmentation+hair on top, maybe a little shorter, but definitely a propsect IMO. The strip scars, make or break the deal regarding the buzz. Will the tatts sufficiently disguise them? That is the million dollar question.

Of course, as with HTs, the same promises and disclaimers apply, and it is not until you are in the chair, when you really asking yourself, 'Did they just remind me again it may not work out as hoped, for a reason?'

Fighting,

Thanks. Yes, I have cut the back down, back there. Not a pretty sight. But with the crown fading (it would work 'with products' a few more years) I am looking at options for shorter hair -alas!

When the front grows out and is combed up and back, as you can see it really is natural and bulky. I look 10 years younger and better, but it feels lame - I still can't explain why, but probably because it looks like a comb over to me.

Yes, MP is exactly is what I am now looking at.

I am pretty sure I am a very good candidate for pigmentation+hair on top, maybe a little shorter, but definitely a propsect IMO. The strip scars, make or break the deal regarding the buzz. Will the tatts sufficiently disguise them? That is the million dollar question.

Of course, as with HTs, the same promises and disclaimers apply, and it is not until you are in the chair, when you really asking yourself, 'Did they just remind me again it may not work out as hoped, for a reason?'

I hear ya man. Do you have any more donor left for more strip procedures? If I was set on going the SMP route I'd get all the hair I could via strip first.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Do you have any more donor left for more strip procedures? If I was set on going the SMP route I'd get all the hair I could via strip first.

If I had any sizable donor left, I'd do FUE to eek every last one of them out. I would definitely avoid strip. Second last procedure, three years ago, against my better judgment, I let the doc open up one the existing strip scars for another strip. Why? For a few hundred extra grafts that I would have achieved with FUE. I would miss those few hundred now for sure, but I was stupid.

I had repaired that particular scar extensively already with leg hair and it was looking pretty damn good. I had worse strip scars that I could of let the doc take out, but he refused to touch them, instead opening up the one good scar. It is now the worst scar. Despite, double layering and trico closure, a very slow and steady hand and a great doc, I ended up creating a bigger problem.

But it's academic now. I possibly have 100 or 200 at max left in below my temples. Really not worth the trouble. I say, considering I was NW4 at 24 in the 80s, it could be worse. Maybe I should be more pissed off than I am, I don't know.

Anyway, I never post pics, for a change, I just wanted to show you guys what HTs can do. I think the left pic is pretty damn good and just shows what bleach and the 'sweet-spot-length' can achieve. What's underneath that is like the what's behind the false ceiling! But as I say, SMP is a possibilty.

Hey Scar, Sorry to hear you are unhappy. You're "sweet spot" style looks pretty good though, at least in that picture. How may strip scars do you have, and who was your doctor(s)?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey Scar, Sorry to hear you are unhappy. ?

Did I imply unhappy? Maybe I did, but it is just my intention to offer something positive (for a change lol) In this case, to show HTs, plus correct hair length and bleaching combine to create incredible results!! Incredibly GOOD results!! ..(not my favorite hairstyle, gotta say, but bang-for-buck volume) ..and on the other hand, to be careful about the deception. I feel I am boss of it sometimes, like I control of the deception and yet somehow, the deception can become boss of me!! Hence, I over react and buzz it off!! When the crown is so thin and empty, it is easy to rationalize this move. For now, I'm looking at SMP to help me out, whether I go for Mr Blonde or Mr. Pink -goes- Mr. Rocking Buzz in the near or distant future. Thanks guys!!

Scar5, Your situation is a lot like mine except I've had all FUE and can do a strip although I'm hesitant because no doc can give me a clear possible graft count and it's more on the low side. I'm with you on the deception, the over-reacting and the F it-buzz off. I've done it 4 or 5 times already.

Yes, isn't the whole purpose of getting "hair" to wear it a bit longer ? I had very short hair for years in order to hide my thinning. Now (after 4 HT's) I have a normal haircut !

Love it!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!