Bargaining the cost of transplant

Hey guys,

I've been reading that it's actually common practice to not take the initial quote as gospel and bargain the price down. If you've done or tried this, could you please share how you went about it and how much is a reasonable percentage to bring a quote down?

Much appreciated and happy new year!

most of us here don't ask for bargains. its just that doctor sometimes are able to get more grafts that they estimated and they charge us the amount of graft which they estimated instead of the actual grafts transplanted.

Some clinics will be flexible with how you finance the transplant, monthly installments for instance. And sometimes clinics do pro-bono work - but this not due to bargaining. Discuss financing options with the clinic to see what you can do to make it more manageable. Some clinics are more lenient than others.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

One way to get discount is to be flexible on timing. If you contact a doctor you'd like to use and that has a waiting list, say you can do it on fairly short notice if he get's a cancellation. Most doctors will than give you a discount to fill the empty seat.

I guess it depends on how reputable the doctors are. I went to Nuhart and was able to bargain thousands off the asking price. The Doctor was relatively new though. I cant say i got the best or worst results since I have never been to another HT office and i have no basis for comparison. Although I was not completely satisfied with transplant #1. The second one was much better.