3,000 grafts in post irradiation patient

The patient is a 10 y/o girl who had surgery followed by irradiation for a brain tumor. The treatment went well but she was left with a significant amount of alopecia. She was wearing a hair piece at the time of her first visit, but her classmates teased her and tried to pull off her hair piece. She had a very limited amount of donor but we were able to get out 3,000 grafts over 3 sessions. While she was much improved, it still looked quite thin. We then demonstrated Toppik with a little Fullmore spray (pictures 5 & 6) allowing her to go out without the hairpiece and without being to self conscious. This case demonstrates the need to use everything at your disposal at times.

1-BeforeTop.jpg.17b95749387dab1a9298b59c6d5743b9.jpg

2-BeforeV.jpg.9194cc330b61887b7e93a53c32f7b121.jpg

3-AfterHTtop.jpg.c1b3f416b67ca76b51ff424b86838942.jpg

4-AfterHTv.jpg.a95d4c39a565532c5e8c4b4d0d909217.jpg

5-AfterToppikTop.jpg.304cef0a40893042e4362e4527fd2114.jpg

6-AfterToppikV.jpg.eaadd522f1f2c292c93d76dc3c373d67.jpg

Dr. Parsley is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Dr Parsley

Cases like this really put hair loss into prospective for me!!! My heart goes out to this little girl! Its sad ow little kids can be so mean, I know one day the will regret it, but still its sad!! I think you have done a wonderful job with this child!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 2 weeks later...

That is a FANTASTIC case. I've posted 2 similar cases and as my daughter had radiation for her brain cancer I have a particular interest in this case.

A year or so ago, I did see a girl like your case here, but with almost nothing to donate. It crushed me to turn her away.

Excellent case.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Parsley,

Thank for for sharing this young lady's story and results. It's always inspiring to see an experienced and talented hair restoration surgeon such as yourself applying his skill for such a worthy cause.

As devastating as hair loss is to lives of men and women who experience it, it pales in comparison to what this child has endured.

Great work!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dr Parsley

Cases like this really put hair loss into prospective for me!!! My heart goes out to this little girl! Its sad ow little kids can be so mean, I know one day the will regret it, but still its sad!! I think you have done a wonderful job with this child!!

Well stated!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1