The Rooney Effect- Anyone else notice giggs & Berbatov

Having had 2 minor (1000grafts in total ) HTs back in 2006 & 2007 which went without any hitch, unlike many i wasnt that suprised with Rooneys spectacular growth between june and september when he emerged with good coverage.

Than the experts here pointed out to me, Wayne must be using concealers like toppix and dermatch.

Despite my hair loss starting almost 10 years ago , I had simply not known of these products.

Im using dermatch right now to cover a donor scar after my 3rd and largest HT, and i am amazed at how good dermatch is at covering. Previously i had known of some kind of hair spray to cover baldness which i had seen a few people like 15 years ago use, and they looked ridiculous, like a totally bald guy with spray paint on his head......I was ignorant.

I have seen for myself the power of dermatch to thicken up in a natural way thinning hair.

And now last night I see rooney again his head looking great....and than i see dimitar berbatov and ryan giggs both previously with noticeable balding in the crown.....and temples.....and lo and behold both of them had no bald patch last night!!! and their hair in particular berbatovs looked a hell of a lot thicker than it did at the end of last season.....I think its the wayne effect....both are wearing concealers.......

I think its great these things r great products and create a natural look....I was a big sceptic and my thinking was 10 years old.....the fact the product is hiding my donor scar so well that I can stand in crowded supermarkets and no one notices the big donor scar is a real blessing

Edited by iwokeuptoabaldpatch

I'm pretty sure Rooney has used concealer. I mean, firstly, I don't think he could have experienced that sort of growth in only a few months. Secondly, it's pretty easy to apply concealer without being seen. It's not that hard for Wayne Rooney to find 5 minutes to himself in a bathroom or something to chuck on some concealer!

Finally, I know a lot of people say "he'd never get away with it" in a changing room full of men - but there are a fair few men in that changing room losing their hair! Giggs and Berbatov, Darren Gibson etc.I don't really think it's that beyond imagination that he'd apply it without too much stick. As you've rightly pointed out, it's more likely a lot of the lads would laugh and then, when they see the result, ask where he got it from!

I use Nanogen and personally I think it's great. I very often leave it in my hair for a couple of days (obviously don't shower, just have to wash myself in the bath!) and it's very convincing I think. It's never come off or anything in public and it looks very natural. I think less is more with stuff like that - if you cake it on your head it'll be obvious, but if you apply it evenly and in not too big a quantity it can really help thicken your hair and reduce the contrast with your scalp.

I've sweated pretty heavily with dermmatch on and it didn't really cause any problems. I've worked out, played pick up basketball games, ran 5k's and nothing changed. It is totally conceivable that Rooney just doesn't wash it out after the game in the shower.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

ya sure... i can imagine rooney post shower after every training session,every match hiding away in the cubicle mirror in one hand nanogen in the other not to mention the pressure that would put him under not being caught by team mates or cameras in post match interviews..you can see his scalp in nearly every photo in the papers and on a recent man utd quiz scalp was seen easily.

Now if he used toppik then it would be a different story. That stuff doesn't like sweat - dermmatch handles it just fine.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I really don't think he is using any (at least conventional) concealers,think about it,being a professional footballer,apart from major sweating his head will constantly get touched by the football,and even other players body,that will definitely wipe some of consealers off.there is no doubt about it. and add to that professional hd cameras zooming on his face..

do you really think he will put himself in such awkward situation even if there is minimal risk?why would he do that? he could just have that thin look in the field and blame it on sweating,etc and look dense in magazines,interviews etc until his hairs fully grow.after all he was looking so bald all these years,surely he could cope with it for another year?

how his transplant hairs look so great so soon remains a mystery.

ya sure... i can imagine rooney post shower after every training session,every match hiding away in the cubicle mirror in one hand nanogen in the other not to mention the pressure that would put him under not being caught by team mates or cameras in post match interviews..you can see his scalp in nearly every photo in the papers and on a recent man utd quiz scalp was seen easily.

There is clear evidence in pictures rooney is using some kind of concealer. I think u are perhaps a little cynical regarding the kind of team spirit the man u boys have. Remember all the tweets of good luck rooney got from his teammates after his surgery? Plus like others have said a fair few balding guys in that dressing room, who probably saw the effect, and said let me see that stuff! Also until recently after a goal celebration none of the utd boys were patting rooney on the head. A few times some guys forgot and were gonna do it and rooney stopped them. The scalp would be seen if its used properly otherwise it could look like bootpolish!

Not been funny but I've been observing Ht growth timescales for well over ten years and I have never ever seen growth as good as what he got after 8 weeks he is using concealer for sure and as someone forementioned he will be using less as time goes on.

With regards to when he uses the concealer it will be done at home before the match and left in after the match he'll simply just reshape his hair with his fingers and not get it wet in the shower!! Simples!

It's not rocket science I've got away with much harder situations regarding concealer and it wouldn't surprise me if his man u pals help him get away with it they'll just see it as a contractible arrangement between him and his surgeon as Rooney is in theory advertising and selling transplants just like some of the players have to drink lucozade and so on in public all the time even though they don't at home.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk