Dr. Lindsey's daughter gets bone marrow transplant starting Monday

I've been happy to have gotten emails and messages of support about Julia this past 2 years. She completed all of the chemotherapy this fall and on monday goes to Duke for 2 months to have a bone marrow transplant AND a vaccine treatment for her cancer.

She's been able to go to school up to today. And we are hoping to get out to Utah in February for some continuing education for my wife, and maybe Julia and I can ski a green run or something.

The type of vaccine that Julia will get is very new, but offers hope for her (and many other people's types of cancer). I'm running the first New York Ironman next August to raise money for the lab developing cancer vaccines at Duke.

If folks would like to learn more please look at my website: www.ironmanforjulia.com It will tell you about cancer vaccines, which I truely believe will revolutionize cancer therapy in the coming years. I'd be appreciative of any donations you'd make to that research as well.

As many of you may have read in my blogs, "never be first in line for any medical procedure", but in our case, it offers real hope for my daughter. Her vaccine is done, so donations will go to help researchers improve vaccine treatments for future cancer patients.

Thanks

William Lindsey MD

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

William, I have not heard any updates in a while and I am very sad to hear that your daugter has to undergo more treatments. My family and I will continue to have your daughter and family in our thoughts and prayers. My twin 13 year old boys and I were already thinking about organizing a fundraiser for cancer research and this has really motivated us. Take care. Glenn

Dr. Lindsey,

I wish Julia all the best as she prepares to undergo this next phase of treatment. Your family remains in my thoughts.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dr. Lindsey,

Thank you for updating us on Julia's progress and for posting the link to your fundraising site. After visiting the site its evident how strong you and your family have been to deal with this and how strong Julia has been to cope with all the treament. I hope all goes well with this final stage and Julia will be back home very soon and enjoying her ski trip to Utah.

Good luck with the 'IronMan' race next August, it is a very tough combination and I read that five people have died doing this which indicates how very tough it is. The Very Best of luck.

Ellie