1 WEEK AWAY from my HT with Dr. RAHAL!!! NEED SOME ADVICE/SUPPORT!!!

Hey All!

Well...the big day is literally 1 week away...going in for a strip 3k grafts with Dr. Rahal...to my frontal third to restore my hairline and temple points to frame my face...looking for a nice dense pack too!

For more info see my original post when I made my decision at

http://http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/162964-ive-made-my-decision.html

I am feeling probably like everyone getting ready to go in for a HT...nervous...anxious...scared to have my head cut open for cosmetic reasons...etc. Just looking for some/any words of wisdom/support from everyone out here who I must say has been soooo supportive and informative in helping me make my decision to go forward with my HT.

As you can see in my post op pics I want to REALLY focus on getting back my hairline and temple points back to frame my face...it has been sooo long since I had a legitimate hairline...especially without Toppik! I like the hairline drawn but I might tweak it a little to bring the temple points out a little more and the corners in a little to help frame the face...I'm also deciding on having my widows peak put back as I had a slight one when I was younger...but am having second thoughts about it because I really like just a nice straight hairline with no interruptions in the middle (i.e. very slight widows peak)...but Rahal is known for his every slight widows peak...any advice/thoughts?!

I am just hoping to get a nice dense pack in the hairline and taper it off as it goes into the frontal third so that I don't have to hopefully worry about this area for several years...def don't want to go through this again for the same area. I am going to tell him if he needs to get additional grafts to do what he has to do to make it nice! I'm a little worried that the hairline drawing and actual results may vary even though I doubt it will bc Rahal is a great doc...I'm just nervous to look up after the procedure and not see what I envision in my head!

I am arriving on Dec 5th and having the procedure on Dec 6th...staying at FOXBAR through Saturday Dec. 10th and going to get my head cleaned each day at Rahal's office. I plan on providing everyone a really DETAILED report with a lot of pictures esp of his office and also Foxbar.

Not looking forward though to the down time as having my whole frontal third shaved is NOT going to look good and I'm nervous how long it will take before I can look decent enough to go out and back into the work/real world...I gather I will have to cut my hair after like a month to try to fade it in. Any advice on this would also be appreciated.

Thanks everyone again for all your support...I could use a few more days of it...thanks!!!!

I've been following your posts and it sounds like you are completely prepared. I wish you all the best and look forward to continuing to follow your postings after your procedure. I'm excited for you.

I'm 2 weeks behind you, so I'm pretty much in the same boat you are, just on the opposite end of Canada w/ Dr Wong. Good luck with everything and keep us updated...

Cap

Good luck to you! You know I'll be about 4 weeks behind you! I'm nervous as well, however, you and I both know we have chosen one of the best surgeons in the world. Yes, we will look funny for a few weeks but we are gonna be okay! I'm just glad your going before me so I can read about your experience!lol

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

You will be fine. I think everyone has all of the same feelings......I certainly did. It turned out to be much easier than I thought it would. Exciting time for you.....good luck!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Good luck. If I were you, I would only put a slight widows peak in at most. You are in for a fun ride. Try and enjoy it.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Capelli, The experience is a bit surreal, but it will be over quicker than you expect. Keep in mind the swelling post-op will likely have you looking a bit freakish, and it will last a few days. As far as your hairline design, don't get talked into anything you're not happy with. f you prefer a straight line over a widows peak then that's what you should do.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks everyone...I am still in the air about a slight widows peak...not sure if it adds anything...i do like Rahal's widows peak he does for a good portion of his patients though...i guess i will see when i get there how I am feeling...I know Rahal likes it because I remember him saying it adds a little something extra to hairlines when I consulted with him.

Capelli11,

After having the pleasure of spending some time with you, munching on oysters and drinking beer and looking over your noggin more times than any adult male should I can say that you should have NO worries with regards to donor laxity. You're shooting for 3000 grafts and I can say in my professional opinion that exercises were not needed but of course they don't hurt.

You're in good hands with Dr. Rahal and I think that he'll put together a hairline that you will be happy with. Consult with him on the widow's peak issue. Personally I think it would look good either way but I'd lean away from one for now. You can always add one later with, literally, only a few grafts but if you get it first and don't like it then it's not something that can easily be removed.

Regarding your tweaking comments, understand that for every tweak there is an effect somewhere else. For instance, if the temple points are brought in even a small amount that can affect how low or how high the central hairline area is and vice versa. In other words, what may seem like "small tweaks" may necessitate changing other areas and then before you know it you'd set up a scenario where you need another 1200 grafts to achieve the new design. I think you should ask Dr. Rahal to design the hairline with the target grafts in mind then ask him for two alternatives and make sure that you know what the estimate is for each design and then go from there.

As for the post-op, you've read enough to know that it will be an up and down experience but in the end you are only dealing with short term issues on your journey to a long term final result. Remember that you are not the first to go through this so follow your post-op instructions to the letter and all will be fine.

Good luck my young friend and I look forward to your report.

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jotronic...as always you are a world of knowledge!!! I truly enjoyed spending some time with you and gaining a ton of knowledge from you! I appreciate your comments and will definitely take them with me when I am designing the hairline. Thanks again for all your help thus far...I will keep you posted...surgery on Tuesday!!!

All the best dude...your in safe hands Rahal is a cracking good surgeon.

Regards bullit

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128