Crown growth

Hi!

I did my first surgery at a well respected clinic in the summer of 2010, and got excellent results. I mainly did the front then, and I had very early growth. I saw a significant change already at about 2.5 months. This summer I had my second surgery with the same surgeon and I'm now about 3.5 months out from the surgery, in which we mainly concentrated on restoring my temple points and crown. The temple points are already there, and it's fantastic to see such a big change in such a short time. But not much has happened in the crown region. I can see a little growth, but not much. Should I be worried, since I already have significant growth at the temples, but not in the crown? Can the crown growth be that much slower?

Edited by Danny1976

The crown does take longer. I had grafts in both the hairline and and the crown. The hairline started growing in at about the 2 month mark. I did not notice growth in the crown for another month, then it started growing in really nice. You should be good to go.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Over the past 14 years I have routinely observed slower growth in the crown region compared to other areas including the frontal and mid scalp. It is not always the case but is a unwrittin gereral rule.

Do you have any idea why the crown reacts slower to a transplant, yet responds faster to meds?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks for your input guys. It feels reassuring to know that i probably have several months of growth to come in the crown. NEWHAIRPLEASE: Interesting question, I have thought about that a lot myself.

Could it be that the follicles in the crown are more susceptible to DHT because of a somewhat different collection of androgen receptors, whereas the grafts inte the front are minituarized partly because of DHT, but partly because of yet unknown factors that can't be influenced by the alfa-reductase activity of finasteride? And that worse vascularization of the the crown leads to slower recuperation of the transplanted graft due to an inferior blood supply, and hence a longer dormant period?