What did you wear after the HT

Ok, so I am going to be a long ways from home getting a HT of 3500 grafts. I want to pretty much baby the newly transplanted hair and take no risk of messing it up post op, staying in a hotel to recover one day and then flying home.

My concern is that of course I would like to wear a hat but the more I think of it it seems that the hat could damage something.

I think I am just going to hang out in private a lot when I get home so that I won't feel compeled to wear a hat and risk messing up my HT.

Am I off base here or right on track?

What did you wear on your head the next day or even right when leaving the clinic?

Im with you buddy...thats why Im staying 7-10 nights 1200 miles away from home! That way I can walk around looking like a fool for a week or so before I put a hat on my newly transplanted grafts!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Maybe a loose bandana would work, not really my style but it seems better than any hat.

Im with you buddy...thats why Im staying 7-10 nights 1200 miles away from home! That way I can walk around looking like a fool for a week or so before I put a hat on my newly transplanted grafts!

you can wear a hat so long as its not tight...

included in the post op pack was a police style blue hat with "under construction" written on the front :)

i made sure for the first few days if i had to wear a hat i would wear it very loose and not have it pressed down on my scalp.

truckie style hats are quite good for this as they have plenty of room on the top of the hat that will never touch your head.

I walked out of Dr. Feller's office wearing nothing but the bandage. There was really no chance of bumping into anyone I knew. When I got home I just rushed into my apartment and stayed underground until the swelling went away. There's no reason to risk those precious grafts.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

My first two surgeries with SMG i wore a loose fitting baseball cap straight after surgery, the last one i wore a light fabric loose bandana type hat that SMG provided me with....kinda liked it too and wore it for a while back home in the UK as well.

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128