Want info about post HT

How long before the transplanted hair falls out?

Prior to growing again

How much pain can one expect?

Have hair on top thinning, does the dr shave the head or work existing hair.

The transplanted hairs last anywhere from 8 days to 3 weeks and they should begin to regrow between 3-4 months.

The pain involved with the procedure is soreness and tightness in the donor area due to the stitches. There shouldn't be any pain in the recipient area as that area will be numb for a few weeks and a slight loss of sensation can last for a few months. Doctors typically prescribe some pain killers, which make day to day comfortable.

Some doctors shave while others don't, ask the doctors you're considering what they usually do. Dr. True and Dr. Dorin do not shave in most cases.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks

Had 3 HT 26 years ago

Look fairly good for many years considering plug look

10 rows of plugs

Can they tp between plugs and rows and eliminate plug look?

Would they not cut existing hair?

Hey 4J,

I'm not sure about those surgeons in particular, but most surgeons can definitely (and often, routinely) transplant around plugs. The results will depend on the thickness and numbers of hairs transplanted, as well as the number of plugs that they are covering up. Search on this forum or blogs for patients with previous plugs.

I'm not sure what you mean by cutting "existing hair". If you mean the donor area (in the back), they will cut the hair for the area will they will extract and then suture it. As thehairupthere says, some surgeons will shave the area they are transplanting into (the recipient area), while others don't. If your hair in the back is about an inch long at the time of surgery, it should be long enough to cover the suture line in the back.

Surgeons can transplant in between plugs, but they also may suggest removing some older plugs by FUE and retransplanting them in other areas. Then you can also have transplants done in place of the ones you just had removed. Doing that requires some time off because you need to let the plug removal area heal first and then return. This can be a great way to make it look more natural, but needs to be looked at in person.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The surgeon's approach to the existing plugs will depend a lot on how large the groupings are. Plug size can vary a lot - some plugs are only small and disguising them by surrounding them with new grafts will be enough. There will almost certainly be plenty of room to do this without cutting into those plus, if that's what you mean.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a HT with Dr. Rahal and he requires that you pay in full 2 weeks before surgery...I'm not however sure if that is the norm...I gather it would be though give or take a week before surgery. It's better to just get it all out of the way so all you have to focus on is the surgery...you don't want any big surprises like one member recently posted about his nightmare minutes before he was supposed to get a HT (long story short he thought he was getting 0% interest rate but wound up being 15%...so he didn't get his HT).