22 days post op: can I start nioxin again?

Hi guys,

Everything going very smooth, and scalp is healed well. No pinkness really that I can see.

I've been using baby shampoo since 10 days post op. I would like to know on your opinions when it is safe to start using medicated shampoos. Nioxin/ nizoral.

Prior my transplant I was on nioxin for about 10 months. I would like to start again but thought I would just ask and get some opinions on how long one should wait after a HT to start using stronger shampoos??

Any comments and feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

Chael.

WOW, i had the same exact questions regarding the same shampoos. I was on the same shampoos you are referring to prior to my transplant, nioxin and nizoral. I am dying to use them again but I think it is still too strong at the moment. After the whole baby shampoo usage, i had asked patient care if I can use nizoral and nioxin again, they told me it was best to use something softer after the baby shampoo. Shampoo's such as pantene pro-v or dove were suggested and I have been using them since. I was advised that maybe a little after two months it should be fine to use nioxin again and a couple days more for the nizoral since these are stronger shampoos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...