Ht blood work issues???!!! Need help!

Hey...I am having a HT with Dr. Rahal and I live in the U.S. I just came back from trying to get my blood work done and I was literally refused from 2 blood testing centers (well known) because they can't process International doctor's blood test requests...I was baffled to say the least...has this ever happened to anyone else??? For International patients...how did you get your blood work done?!!! Please advise!!! Any suggestions?! Thanks!!!

I went online to directlabs and paid for the tests I need, as per the doctor's letter. Directlabs sends you the requisition form in e-mail after about 2-4 hours, and then you can schedule at whatever lab is near you. There was a lab literally 200 feet from my front door. (I live in a major city)

I didn't even show the lab the letter from the doctor, I only gave them the requisition form, and everything was fine. I literally just walked back into my house with the bandage on my arm.

Hi Capelli, that's strange. I wonder why they didn't do it? I got mine done through the military as it is routine there.

Have you tried these places?

https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_hACzO_QCM_IwMLo1ALAyNj1yBnQxNfAwN_U6B8JG55AyMCuv088nNT9SP1o8zjQ11Ngg09LY0N_M3DjA08DcPcfFwcjQwNgk30Q_QjnYGKIvEqKsiNKDfUDVQEAO_Izxc!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!/#7_UE4S1I930O7V30I1VFLDA210S4

Medical Testing Laboratories (blood , Drug, Etc) on Long Island, NY | CitiDex

Maybe you can ask them if they offer the services?

Hey Sean...thanks for the help. I went to Lab Corp and Quest Diagnostics...which are pretty much 2 of the biggest around and they both denied me...unbelievable!!! Stressing me out! lol

You can also go to your primary physician and ask them to do that test, but yes those labs cannot accept requests for blood tests from doctors outside the US because they are not licensed here, and that would mean they are practicing illegally in the US.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hey Sean...thanks for the help. I went to Lab Corp and Quest Diagnostics...which are pretty much 2 of the biggest around and they both denied me...unbelievable!!! Stressing me out! lol

No Problem Capelli.. Yea I bet finding a lab is stressful. Those are two major labs. Can't you get labs done and request the results yourself and then fax them over to Dr. Rahal's clinic? Do you have to have it sent by these laboratories? Normally, the labs will give you complete copies of all your results and blood reports. I'd imagine all you would need to do is just make a copy and fax them over or mail them over to the doctor once you requested the results from the testing centers?

Try these links too, they may help:

Sunrise Medical Laboratories - Diagnostic Testing : Patient Service Centers

Long Island City Blood Tests in Long Island City NY Yellow Pages by Superpages

Good luck with everything.

So how did u do it...you gave your physician the script Dr. Rahal gave you?

Yes. It was very easy. If that don't work, just go to some other clinic and tell them you want a CBC and then the HIV etc test that you have to have. Your pyhsican should do it though!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks for all of your replies everyone! I actually called Dr. Rahal and they said it is not a problem in that this has happened to them before. So what they recommend is to get the blood work done in Canada as there is a clinic a block away from his office that can do it. So I was going up there a day before my HT so I am going to get the blood work the day before in Canada. They said it is only like $50 CAD vs. like $200 here which is what I was quoted as I am in between having medical insurance at the moment.