Breaking my silence about bill manager of this website

runman

Around November of 2009 i posted a bad experience i had with alan bauman. Many on this site have seen what alan bauman results look like. To my surprise 6 months later i received a private message from Bill stating he had a private phone conversation with alan bauman. In the message from Bill he accused me of using this website to extort money from alan bauman. I was shocked to say the least and ask for some proof of this extort.

None was ever provided. Bill just advised me that anymore post by me on alan bauman would result in me being banned. I ask why this was not being discussed openly on my thread and no reason was provided. He became defensive and told me the subject was closed. He would never tell me what he and bauman discussed. I ask him to call me to hear my side of the story and he never did. If he was going to falsely accuse me of felony extortion the least he could do is speak to me first. I have NEVER been confronted by law enforcement about this so called extort. Because it's simply is NOT true. I merely ask bauman for a refund after being butcher with no results.

I was not all that shocked that bill sided with bauman because i often see he sides with the doctors because they pay the bills on this site not the patients. But to falsely accuse me of a crime with ZERO proof was a shock to say the least!!!

Around November of 2009 i posted a bad experience i had with alan bauman. Many on this site have seen what alan bauman results look like. To my surprise 6 months later i received a private message from Bill stating he had a private phone conversation with alan bauman. In the message from Bill he accused me of using this website to extort money from alan bauman. I was shocked to say the least and ask for some proof of this extort.

None was ever provided. Bill just advised me that anymore post by me on alan bauman would result in me being banned. I ask why this was not being discussed openly on my thread and no reason was provided. He became defensive and told me the subject was closed. He would never tell me what he and bauman discussed. I ask him to call me to hear my side of the story and he never did. If he was going to falsely accuse me of felony extortion the least he could do is speak to me first. I have NEVER been confronted by law enforcement about this so called extort. Because it's simply is NOT true. I merely ask bauman for a refund after being butcher with no results.

I was not all that shocked that bill sided with bauman because i often see he sides with the doctors because they pay the bills on this site not the patients. But to falsely accuse me of a crime with ZERO proof was a shock to say the least!!!

Runman,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Did you ever post any pics of your result from Dr. Bauman?

Do you still have any? If so, can you post them?

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Michael, I have been on this board a long time and don't recall Bill ever "deleting" critical posts. I have seen threads get locked when the arguing gets out of hand and becomes counter-productive. As far as Dr. Bauman goes, he is not recommended on this forum, although I believe he was at one time.

runman, there were a bunch of questionable Bauman results posted here. Sorry if you were one of them. You're accusations are rather serious though and in order to substantiate you should provide some type of proof. Also, what is your reason for coming out with this information two years later?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I don't know why you're putting deleting inside quotation marks. The fact that you didn't see it doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Several of my posts were deleted in the Dr. Feller threads (my posts weren't defamatory or malicious; rather, they dealt with the administration of this forum and its independence). Bill usually deletes them as soon as they appear, maybe that's why.

Michael, I have been on this board a long time and don't recall Bill ever "deleting" critical posts. I have seen threads get locked when the arguing gets out of hand and becomes counter-productive. As far as Dr. Bauman goes, he is not recommended on this forum, although I believe he was at one time.

runman, there were a bunch of questionable Bauman results posted here. Sorry if you were one of them. You're accusations are rather serious though and in order to substantiate you should provide some type of proof. Also, what is your reason for coming out with this information two years later?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/user_messages_view.php?pmconvo_id=28579#bottom

my reason to come out late than never is to make the community aware of the type of moderator you are dealing with here. I know this thread will be deleted and i will be banned when bill see this but i think everyone here needs to know!!!

Hi Guys,

I just notified Bill about this thread and I'm sure he will use this opportunity to explain the situation objectively and without any unnecessary censorship. Accusations about our community silencing members, censoring threads, or removing legitimate content simply because it's critical or negative isn't true.

Any unbiased community member who's spent some time on our discussion forums knows that they are an open, honest, neutral place to discuss hair loss and hair restoration.

Until Bill responds, I will monitor this thread accordingly, but will NOT unfairly edit or censor any information. However, keep in mind that open and honest communication works both ways; if members are going to make accusations and post this type of feedback, verification and "proof" will be required.

Thank you.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

You're disengeniously asking the impossible from members: proof that posts were deleted.

Disingenuous? Hardly.

We're a community run for patients, by patients; any accusations of insincere behavior are anecdotal (at best), and, again, should be verified.

Additionally, just because you couldn't share the "deleted posts" doesn't mean you can't explain the situation. Furthermore, I guarantee the thread, even if it was locked, wasn't deleted.

So again, please, if you're going to make comments of this nature (which, as you will note, have been reviewed by a moderator and not removed DESPITE the negative content), take responsibility for the burden of proof. Until that time, quips and straw men provide no credible evidence.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I can't provide material evidence that my posts were deleted as my account has no administrative privileges. Any other proof is no proof, so what do you want? Are you saying that no posts on this board have ever been deleted?

Michael,

I have administrative privileges; what can I do to help you prove your case? Can you provide me with the thread in question? Any explanation, from your point of view, as to why these posts were deleted?

Without following this tangent too far, I simply want verification for these types of accusations and to let you know that if there is anything I can do to help add validity to this discussion, I will do so.

Am I stating that no post on this board have ever been deleted? Absolutely not. I delete several a day; however, 100% of them are spammers sharing outside links to buy "knock-off" designer purses and miracle hair loss salves.

Violate our (agreed upon) terms of service, spam the community, et cetera, and moderation will occur. However, posts that share critical content, presented in a civil, constructive manner, will not be deleted. Some discussion boards operate in that manner, but our's simply is not one of them.

Runman,

This thread will be allowed to continue, but I think it would be beneficial to elaborate on your story.

I think that you are awfully brave to reveal your experience. I am inclined not to take sides either way as I don't know all the facts. I have been at the mercy of a terrible experience on this forum when speaking out about my bad experience with a coalition Doc and in fairness the thread was allowed to run its course and was never deleted.

I respect that Bill has a very difficult job but I do feel that coalition docs are heavily protected. Having been openly accused of extortion by Dr Feller on this forum, it's a serious accusation to level at somebody.

I look forward to hearing more of your story and Bill's response.

An entire thread re Dr.Feller was locked, another deleted. My posts in two Dr. Feller threads were deleted (I didn't attack Dr.Feller in them, but questioned the independence or bias of this forum insofar as paying (recommended) HT doctors go). Corvettetester wad even banned for his critical appraisal of Dr. Feller's behavior.

Anyway, I'm exiting this thread. This forum is what it is.

Runman,

That's a very interesting and extreme distortion of the truth. Frankly, I didn't initially remember the details of your experience and our conversations until I went back through my old messages and notes. But since you've publicly lied about the handling of your case, I am now forced to set the record straight. Furthermore, I will not be allowing an open discussion of your 3 year old case when I have every private message and email I've exchanged with you and Dr. Bauman as proof of your blatant lies of how your situation was handled years ago.

Dr. Bauman did claim that you were attempting to extort refund money from him by creating multiple aliases and chastising him all over the web including YouTube. Thus, after 3 weeks of phone tag and a discussion with him, I did agree to investigate your posts on our forum and contact you.

After a preliminary investigation, I found that you had already posted your experience and results in great detail on this forum. Thus, given Dr. Bauman's claims, I thought it was fair and reasonable to request that you and Dr. Bauman now work to resolve your concerns privately now that you've already documented your experience and photos.

Your initial response was very understanding but your tone changed in subsequent messages. In my response, I had invited you to call me on my cell phone to discuss your experience from your point of view, which was your initial request. A couple days after you left me a voicemail and I hadn't had the time to get back to you yet, I received another email from you saying that you were leaving our community and deleting all your posts. In my reply, I told you that I thought you were being a bit dramatic but that ultimately, it's up to you.

For the record, I never accused you of extortion, I only said that we don't support this type of behavior. Secondly, you never asked me to provide proof that you were extorting money. How could I when I never claimed you were? You only asked me why Dr. Bauman never responded to your concerns when you originally posted back in November of 2009. Since I could not provide you with an answer as to why Dr. Bauman decided not to respond to you, I simply wished you luck in resolving your concerns.

In your post above, you accuse me of taking Dr. Bauman's side. However, your very own private message after some initial upset and continued conversation, you admitted that I wasn't taking sides. From a private message you sent me on 5/6/2010, you said:

"And i did not mean to come across as accusing you of taking sides either. I was just surprised by the 7 month delay in response from bauman."

Frankly, your lies about me and the handling of your case are outlandish and I'm not going to tolerate you attempting to badmouth me and this community when it was you who decided to leave and remove all your posts. You did this out of your own volition as I never once asked you to leave this community nor did I delete or request you delete your posts.

Once again, I wish you all the best in getting on with your life. But I'm not going to tolerate your lies on this forum when all the evidence I have proves you are posting knowingly false information which is in violation of our terms of service.

Regards,

Bill

Michael,

It's obvious that you don't support our patient based community so why are you still here? It is very rare that we remove posts and/or lock topics but when we do, reasons are provided either publicly or privately. You don't have to agree with all of our decisions, but we do our best to maintain a fair and safe environment on this forum for both patients and physicians. This is well documented in our terms of service and fair forum policy. But it's obvious that you'd rather have a one sided forum that doesn't allow physicians to share their side of the story and allows anonymous posters to unfairly malign surgeons. You are welcome to create such a forum if you are so inclined. But this community is about fairness for all parties and respects both patients and physicians, especially those who continue to work hard to provide patients with the very best results.

Best Regards,

Bill

Extortion is justified in runmans case,bauman destroyed the back of his head,he should have got a refund plus bauman pay every cent for runman to get repaired by another doc,if bauman did that to my head i would go to any length possible to get my money back its the very least i would deserve whilst spreading the word of how awful a doc he is to save someone else from making the same mistake,and to rub salt in the wounds the fee runman paid bauman was insane..

If anyone scared another person say in a bar fight the courts with have the offender done yet bauman has the cheek to even play the innocent after what he did,the scarring bauman left on runmans head is brutal assault in my opinion.

mars,

You are entitled to your opinion, but extortion is not something we support on this community. I don't know if that's what runman was attempting to do or not.

I certainly feel for him and was willing to discuss his experience with him on the phone. I also encouraged him to attempt to resolve his concerns privately with his physician and wished him all the best. I never accused him of extortion (only said that we don't support it), nor did I take sides regarding this situation years ago now. I only acted in attempt to keep this forum balanced and fair. It was runman who chose to leave and remove all his posts.

Bill

"Anyway, I'm exiting this thread. This forum is what it is."

For most of us it is a place that educates and saves people from making bad HT choices.

Bill, thanks for sharing your side of the story.

Runman, Again, sorry to hear you were taken advantage of. I don't remember your case specifically. I do remember some of Bauman's cases being pretty bad. That being said, I think you might be venting your frustration unjustly. I had poor HT work done too and my best option was to find a great doctor to fix it. I realize it's costly to get repair work done, but I would consult some physicians and see if the work could be fixed. A lot of docs will take pity and cut you a break perhaps. Good luck.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

While I feel for runman and hope that he can get the head of hair he deserves and move on with his life, I see no reason to entertain his posts when all the private messages I have documenting my conversation with him proves he's falsely accusing me.

Once again, this community is about providing a fair and safe enviroment for both patients and physicians. There may be times we have to lock topics or remove a particular individual's posts, but thankfully, this is rare and always comes with a valid reason, whether you agree with it or not.

This community is not perfect, but my hope is that members who criticize us can begin to see that the glass is 85% full , not 15% empty. That said, any constructive comments to improve our community are always welcome.

It's now time to move on from this topic.

Bill