Montreal ht doctor

Francois1

Hi just wondering if this would be a better place to post this

I'm looking for a good surgeon in the Montreal area

anyone have any experiences with Dr Alain Sobourin?

He s says he performed over 15000 Ht's and his prices are affordable

thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Francois

I really don't think your humor is very funny! You come on here with some doctor I've never heard of and state" he says " he has performed over 15000 surgeries. If you want to go to a lower tier doctor then you are on the wrong website. Also, I don't think you should be talking about mistresses and private jets and only working 5 days a week! Not a good way to make friends. Dr Rahal has a top notch rep and I don't think your words are the least bit humorous. But maybe it's just me?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

So u think 8$ a graft is justified? 4000 grafts @ 8$ 32k for a days work your right it isn't funny but u visit the doctors website and he's got loan application ready .., don't u find it crazy?? I d like to see Matt come out and give clairification why a doctor charges what he does ?? Shouldn't he be above lawyers that chase ambulances?

You DON'T have to have an FUE. You can have FUT. At FUT, I'm paying a little over 3.50 dollars a graft. Most top doctors have loan applications. If you would have taken the time to research it, you would have discovered the loan companies on his site are for all cosmetic surgeries. If you are looking to pay 3 dollars a graft for FUE, good luck! In a year after that you will be more than willing to pay Dr Rahal or any other top doctor money to fix the mess your in.

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Look I'm not getting into a fight I really don't care ... Just the thought of what you are going to be experiencing is good enough.. I read the pain from the cut on the back of your head from a scale of 1 to 10 is a 10 make sure u bring Tylenol ... Good luck

Your right, I'm certainly not gonna fight with an12 yo. Just read from your profile you were born in 1999. That explains it! Oh, and when you do get smart enough to change your birthdate I hope you get smart enough to change your doctor. But just like YOU said, it's my head, and it's your head! Personally, I'll take a little pain over looking like a hair transplant patient from 1975. Again tough, good luck to you! Your gonna need it!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Read the fine line man Not just a little pain Alot of Pain... and if u think one Visit is enough wait few years and a few more thousand dollars take care it's been fun

and he really does charge alot ... Too much

Well your still twelve, but I'll make this one last point! 90'percent of the veterans on here have FUT, ie- Jotronic, hairthere, etc,, yes, they have had more than on procedure,but I sure hope you don't think your only gonna have one FUE procedure. Especially at 12 years old. In fact, I would strongly suggest waiting at least 18'more years before you even get a transplant. Maybe be then you'll find a reputable cheap doctor?

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Your right! No one is gonna come on here and take you serious after you bash one of the best doctors in the world! Especially the mods! Why don't you try a subtle approach. I tried to help you and all you did was bash and make false accusations against one of the most well respected hair transplant surgeons in the world. I'm quit sure his credibility is better than yours!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

I would go with Rahal but 8$ a grafts is to expensive for me also,keep your monney thats my advice,people pay so much for something that is far from being a perfect result.HT is a big business where they know people are very desperate to have hair so thats why they are capable of charging so much monney.Rahal is not cheap and for some reason he always used a high amount of grafts,more grafts more monney for the doc.There is not much information on doctor Sabourin so I would never go with him,remember most HT docs are thief consider the results and cost.

I would go with Rahal but 8$ a grafts is to expensive for me also,keep your monney thats my advice,people pay so much for something that is far from being a perfect result.HT is a big business where they know people are very desperate to have hair so thats why they are capable of charging so much monney.Rahal is not cheap and for some reason he always used a high amount of grafts,more grafts more monney for the doc.There is not much information on doctor Sabourin so I would never go with him,remember most HT docs are thief consider the results and cost.

What do you consider being cheap for FUE? how much $ per graft?

You must be talking FUE. ALL good FUE doctors charge between $7 and $10 a graft. Rahal is the King of hairlines and density. He is worth every penny. If FUE is too expensive, FUT is half the price and the scars they are showing these days are very hard to find.

If you find a doctor doing FUE for $4-5 a graft, then it's probably not going to grow. You may save money going to Dr. Feriduni in Belgium, but it's not going to be $4 a graft for FUE. It just doesn't exist with good quality surgery.

Edited by RCWest

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Francois,

FUE has a history of being more expensive than FUT. $8 per FUE graft is about the average at this point. Just as physicians have a right to choose what they charge, patients have a right to choose another doctor if they feel they're charging more than they can afford. However, quality physicians don't deserve being slammed repeatedly for something they're not doing wrong just because someone isn't happy with something.

FUE is very popular for men who want to keep their hair cropped short on the sides and back of their head. However, FUT results still appear to be much more consistent, produces minimal scarring in most cases and much more affordable. I've restored a full looking head of hair on a Norwood 6 with 4 FUT procedures and 9600 grafts and my scar is relatively minimal in appearance.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi so you're telling me you paid 40k for Ht? My Argument Is aimed mostly at the doctors not the patients... As long as no one complains and the web owners continue to get advertising dollar the doctors could do what they want..

Shawn had 3000 fue Procedure don't u feel the doctor should if at least said 15k is enough for a days work ... The other guy is paying 4.5$ graft for a massive cut in the back of his head that's crazy

how much is enough for these Ht doctors ... At least have a rep make a statement ...Or an explaination why a doctor charges what he or she does 35k a day 5 jobs a month x that by a 12 months it's insane and just sucks

just like gas prices

Edited by Francois1

Francois,

Hair transplant surgery is an elective procedure. Nobody is forcing you to undergo surgery. But you seem to think that people don't have the right to get paid for their living. Don't doctors and their dedicated staff who work diligently to get patients the results they want deserve to get paid?

For the record, we don't collect advertising money. However, it's no secret that physicians recommended by this community who've been prescreened and approved strictly on their ability to produce excellent results also pay a sponsorship fee to support this patient based community. This is clearly laid out on our physicians standards page.

But if you think that people don't have the right to earn a living, perhaps you ought to think twice for collecting money for your work. Perhaps everyone should just volunteer and live in cardboard boxes.

You may have to pay for gas, but you don't have to pay for hair transplant surgery. There are other less expensive options you can consider such as hair replacement systems, non-surgical treatments, or the leave expensive option, shave your head. But for some, these options aren't enough and choose to undergo surgery.

I did spend about $35,000 for all 4 of my procedures. But in reality, the average American pays $30000 for a new car every 5 years. So instead of buying that fancy car I wanted, I spent $17000 on a used car, kept it 10 years and invested money into restoring my hair.

Life is expensive and things we want (a new car, a house, a motorcycle, a hair transplant, etc.) aren't always within our reach without making sacrifices. But it's just a matter of where you choose to invest your money.

Best wishes,

Bill

Very well said Bill!

Francois1: Does it suck that HT's are somewhat expensive...of course but you know what that is life! My philosophy is if the item you are buying is worth the money then buy it! HT doctors have studied and went to years upon years of medical schooling along with studying the art of hair restoration to justify their fee. I think they have every right to charge these prices which are competitive in the industry because they produce results that their patients want. Not sure what you do for a living but how would you feel if your clients/customers didn't think your prices are justified? HT doctors deserve to earn a good living bc not everyone can replace them overnight. Did you ever think to yourself why the McDonald's fry guy is making minimum wage and the heart surgeon is making millions??? Do I really need to explain why?! One adds a unique value that can not be created overnight. HT surgeon's not only have value but they are irreplaceable (at least the top ones are). I be damned to go to a HT doctor who is charging a lot less because in this world you really do get what you pay for...and I am not trying to get a Groupon Hair transplant discount!

My problem with Francios is that he is attaking Dr Rahal for some reason when there are other doctors charging the same thing. It's obvious that Francios is an uneducated patient.

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

I'm not attacking Rahal (removed for language) !!! U brought his name into the mix... Besides wouldn't u prefer having a Fue job at 15k rather than a Fut at the same price ... With today's technology and advance and the help that some of these Ht surgeon have wouldn't u think doctor Ragal or whom ever would develop a better price structure .., c mon say what u want but 35k a days work ??

As a doctor doing a elective procedure he should be allowed to charge as much or little as he wants. If people are willing to pay much higher prices than the "norm" that is their choice. If a doctor charges $10 per graft and tells a uneducated patient during consultation that he will not find a lower price, well, I would have a ethical issue with that. If he is honest and says other doctors charge much less and as a patient you have to decide who you are most comfortable to do your work, well then, he has done nothing wrong. If he deters the patients from other doctors by suggesting other doctors will do a poor job, or he will be sorry, or things like that, I do not think that would be ethical either.

Personally, I think that a 3,000 graft procedure that costs $12,000 or more and is done in eight to ten hours, the breakdown that is over $1,000 per hour seems high to me. However, I do not know the doctors costs associated with doing this work or their profit margin for each procedure.

The only way prices will be lowered on a large scale is if people stop having the work done and essentially, demand a lower price. It would be a boycott of the business, until prices are lowered. I do not see that happening.

I have consulted with very reputable doctors that are willing to lower their price by a dollar per graft! That is a $3,000 savings for a 3,000 graft procedure. That is BIG MONEY for me! As courtesy, I will not mention the doctors names. Privacy when standard prices are lowered is important to me and probably the doctor as well.

In reference to pain level, mine was a 1-2 on a scale of 10, no pain meds taken, different people, different experiences.

I'm not attacking Rahal (removed for language) !!! U brought his name into the mix... Besides wouldn't u prefer having a Fue job at 15k rather than a Fut at the same price ... With today's technology and advance and the help that some of these Ht surgeon have wouldn't u think doctor Ragal or whom ever would develop a better price structure .., c mon say what u want but 35k a days work ??

Okay. You werent attaking Rahal, I mentioned his name and YOU started making false accusations against him. You came here for help, well you obviously don't want it. I hope you get your FUE procedure for 3 dollars a graft. I'm done trying to help you!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

You're still here? I agree 12 to 15 k for fue 1 day 's work with 3000 grafts and have the price increase by the 1 hundreds or if u need a hairline and stuff like that.... But to charge 30k knowing full well it's probably 1 of 3 sessions ..: give me a break ... Look at hairplease he probably going to pay 20 to 25 k for fut ... I believe it's on forums like this tgat we could demand the Hts surgeon to at least justify 35k a day

I'm still waiting for Matt ... No comments from him ... What exactly costs so much thAt the price of Fue can't come down to about 5$