Who is better Dr madhu or Dr Pathomvanich?

Sandy,

At the end of the day, its important that you do your own research on all physicians you are considering and that you are confident in your decision. However, in my opinion, Dr. Madhu is doing high quality follicular unit hair transplantation and is definitely worth considering.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Thanks Bill

Thats what people like us needs some encouragemnet and references from people like u.

I had been on google and other sites for the last one year doing reaserchs, if i had spent that much time in my studies who knows i will be somewhere else anyways it is the right time for me to go for it.Will keep you people posted

Thanks for the prompt response buddy

Chill

• 1 month later...

Look the dontbafool guy has ONE POST. Which means he registered here just to post ONE BAD COMMENT about Dr. Madhu. Suspicious? Definitely.

It's probably a jealous competitor.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

• 1 month later...

I second Allan's words... I understand Dr Madhu is also one of the recommended surgeons here but i will prefer sticking to my initial surgeon esp when the results are extremely good. You were one of the confidence boosters for me in getting it done under Dr Pat by the way :) Had mine in mid june and everything seems fine. Just a waiting game now.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

• 2 weeks later...

What is the purpose of second HT?

Work on the crown and above the left temple to thicken up the area near where I part my hair. Dr. Path originally offered me this option and I didn't go for it, because I didn't understand the benefits. I should have. :D

If you are happy with Dr. Path, why can't you get your second HT thro' him only?

Big A

I'm very happy with him. However, first, you have to book three months in advance to get in with him and I decided to do this three weeks ago. Second I will be in India anyway and am making a side trip to Hyderabad. Third, Dr. Madhu's pricing at $1.05 (flat) a graft makes this almost an impulse purchase. Dr. Path is at $3.10 (scaled) per now, so we are talking $3000 vs. around $8-9000.

Edited by TomA

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

• 4 weeks later...

Both of these doctors use the strip extraction technique right? Do either of them use the follicular unit extraction (FUE) technique which doesn't leave the long scar? I don't think I like the idea of flesh being cut out, such as with the strip extraction. The FUE is a lot more expensive though.

Do any reputable doctors in Thailand use the FUE method?

Garet, i am pretty sure Dr Path does not perform FUE anymore. I think he used to... i m not that certain but 100% he is not doing now. He felt the technique is somehow not as good as ultra refined FUT but thats not the point here. You can find loads of information on that in this forum!

Sparky is right in a way. He had a bad transplant and a wider than normal scar which he did repair work. Most, if not all the recommended surgeons in this forum, perform FUT which leave very thin scars but u will need to research more and look at examples to gauge yourself.

As for the desire to avoid flesh cut out, then i guess FUE is the only way out. Everyone wants FUE, who likes to run the risk of having a detectable scar?? However, there are many factors and your pattern of hair loss is the deciding criteria. If you are at mid 30s with a clear direction heading to NW6, like Dr Feller once said, you can spend 20k on FUE for all you want. Its your head! However, you might not achieve the density u wanted as the precious grafts might be fully utilised.

I recommend that u post some pics so that fellow forum members can comment.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Garet, i am pretty sure Dr Path does not perform FUE anymore. I think he used to... i m not that certain but 100% he is not doing now. He felt the technique is somehow not as good as ultra refined FUT but thats not the point here. You can find loads of information on that in this forum!

Sparky is right in a way. He had a bad transplant and a wider than normal scar which he did repair work. Most, if not all the recommended surgeons in this forum, perform FUT which leave very thin scars but u will need to research more and look at examples to gauge yourself.

As for the desire to avoid flesh cut out, then i guess FUE is the only way out. Everyone wants FUE, who likes to run the risk of having a detectable scar?? However, there are many factors and your pattern of hair loss is the deciding criteria. If you are at mid 30s with a clear direction heading to NW6, like Dr Feller once said, you can spend 20k on FUE for all you want. Its your head! However, you might not achieve the density u wanted as the precious grafts might be fully utilised.

I recommend that u post some pics so that fellow forum members can comment.

Dr. Pong is in Chiang Mai, Thailand and charges considerably less than Dr. Path ($2.00 per graft). I understand Dr. Pong was trained by Dr. Path., but he already has years of experience on his own.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? You can see my hair loss in the top view below. I think I'm about a II or a II on the Norwood Scale

J_Top_Culy_01.jpg.55269c3ed1bb3ef2aec3dc5f2388ca15.jpg

I just called for an appointment with Dr Pathomvanich and it cost 1,000 Baht (about $35) for the consultation. Is it normal to charge for a consultation? I'm surprised they charge anything since, as a potential customer, I'd spend $6,000 to $10,000.

Garet, i m not sure abt other surgeons but yes, Dr Pat does charge for a consultation which typically lasts an hour or less. However, i cannot remember if its USD 35. There is no normality here to be discussed. It only depends on how u see it :)

I was fine with it, as i gained a lot of knowledge about my condition from that meeting. I might be a bit biased as i have been following his work for some time and since i am living near Bangkok, i was quite set on getting him to perform the surgery!

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's perfectly reasonable for a consultant, in whatever their line of work, to charge a fee in advance of any commitment by the client. In my case, having agreed a surgery date and paid an upfront deposit I wasn't charged a consultation fee. But then, I would hardly class what I had as a consultation. It consisted of an assistant doctor explaining the procedure and what the clinic could offer, while thumbing through a book of photographs – felt like a pointless sales pitch, given that I was committed to having surgery the next day! This was followed by a graft estimate to firm up the estimate I'd received through email exchanges. The estimate was upped by 1000 grafts, and I ultimately ended up paying for 1150 more grafts than first estimated. Still to this day I look at people's hair websites and I can't see where all the extra grafts in my case could have gone!

Possibly, if surgery hadn't already been agreed and a deposit paid, the consultation would have been with Dr Path, and chargeable.

Indeed I would have been very happy to pay the $35 to have had the opportunity to receive the consultation with Dr Path, since I wanted to draw on his advice over a lowering of the hairline. Instead, I have to say that I was very disappointed with the clinic's assessment of my needs prior to surgery (that is, work to be undertaken - hairline etc). I met Dr Path for the first time only on the morning of the surgery. Once a nurse had undertaken the preliminaries (hair washed etc), we were joined by Dr Path and 2 assistant doctors and another nurse. In a small room full of six people we then proceeded to discuss hairline options. This took 5-10 minutes, by which time I was even being asked to take the pre-meds! I felt hurried and quite embarrassed, and stepped into the operating theatre/room feeling like I was putting my HT in the lap of the gods.

The surgery experience itself was fine, and the staff were very friendly.

As for the results, it's a little too early to say - hairline looks fine but I am concerned that it will lack the density that reasonable expectations would provide. But must stress that it’s still early days.

Edited by hairsay
font enlarged

The assistant doctor who answered my questions was very knowledgeable and helpful, but like you, I would've liked a few more minutes with the doctor directly. I guess the $35 consultation fee is reasonable, though perhaps the cost could be deducted from the surgery, just as they don't charge extra for the medicine during surgery.

Anyway, now I have enough information to make my decision. I'm still in the middle. The only concern I have left about the surgery is whether or not the benefits of the thicker hair outweigh the drawback of the scar and not being able to wear my hair sort as a result of the scar.

Garet - Should it help in your decision, I should add that the nurse at my local surgery who removed the non-dissolvable suctures marvelled at the neatness of the scar, commenting on this several times during the course of my session.