Do you mean donor area stretching (as a good thing for better scalp laxity) prior to surgery?

Or as a bad thing in that the scalp is too lax and can be a detriment to the healing of the scar?

It stands to reason that younger people have greater thickness of collagen beneath their skins compared with older persons.

take care...

Please Grow Please,

Good post. You may want to email Dr. Epstein to notify him of this question.

I suggested to a member previously that he may have been referring to the greater risk of young men developing Ehlers-Danlers Syndrome or "thin skin", in which skin is ridiculously stretchable. Though this may sound like a good thing for hair transplant patients, men with Ehlers-Danlers Syndrom have a greater risk of scar stretching due to the lack of supporting collagen.

Don't confuse this condition with normal men and women who can help increase their elasticity by doing scalp exercises.

I'm not sure if Dr. Epstein was referring to this or something else. Hopefully he will enlighten us.

Best wishes,

Bill

It makes sense to me, at a younger age you're more active and more likely to be engaged in strenuous activities. As you get older you're more sedentary in general that is...

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts