Shock Loss Picture

Hi everyone,

Im 7.5 weeks post op and I have a real problem area on the left hand side of my head.... this is my second time around and I would have to say the growth of hair around the scar the second time is no where near the same as my first time which was really really good... IM just worried no hair will grow in this area.... is it just shock loss??? im quite concerned...ive posted a pic to have a look at.... comparing this to my first time I had lots of hair growing all over my donor area by now

thanks for your help

5b32cf78c8ed4_01Sep.jpg.3bdfda3ddcfccb558cabcc3b31bae5b3.jpg

It certainly looks like shock loss but it's still normal to see that occur. You should see an improvement in another 2-3 months.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

That is quite a scar. Maybe more people will offer an opinion. I know shockloss is not unusual. Best of luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks guys..... Spanker I know it looks big but its the same size as op number 1 and at about the 12month mark it shrunk to nothing and was skin colour and even with my head shaved at a number 2 you couldnt even see it... amazing i think!!!

thanks hopefully thats what it is..... awesome news

Im going thru the same exact thing..my first procedure...grew back right away..this time around ,im at 6 weeks and ive got smoothness on the scar and on top and bottom...left side of my head..right behind the temple,,,feels and looks like a bald spot,,and im worried its because the scalp was kind of tight...i just sent some pics over to dr hasson to see what his take is on it...dont think im gonna be able to stomach another one of these things...the time and waiting involved is just to long...my hair on the sides,,,werent cut that short or shaved....just the recipient area...so the hair on the sides has grown in but now you can see this line going around both sides of my freakin head.....now i gotta wear a bandana around me for the next year???,,,this really does suck...i dont want to post pics cause im sick of lookin at myself and in the mirror....

I think the scar looks really good for only 7.5 weeks. It doesn't appear raised or nothing, just some light red color to it.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D