Hair transplant and a short hair cut

Hi All,

I'm 25 and my hair loss is type III. I'm considering of getting a hair transplant done from Dr. Humayun Mohmand. I prefer to keep my hair vary short but I don't want people to notice I'm losing my hair. Is it possible to get a hair transplant and maintain a short haircut without the scar being noticed? How short can i keep my hair in order to cover up the scar? Would any one recommend hair transplant if i'm going to keep my hair very short?

Thanks,

Ashan

Hi All,

I'm 25 and my hair loss is type III. I'm considering of getting a hair transplant done from Dr. Humayun Mohmand. I prefer to keep my hair vary short but I don't want people to notice I'm losing my hair. Is it possible to get a hair transplant and maintain a short haircut without the scar being noticed? How short can i keep my hair in order to cover up the scar? Would any one recommend hair transplant if i'm going to keep my hair very short?

Thanks,

Ashan

How short do you want to keep your hair? Like skin tight, or with a clip 1 or 2 or 3? It all depends. Are you going to be around people right after your procedure of a few days after? Did you address your concerns to the doctor? I just got my procedure done, but I just had a FUE procedure like 4 days ago and I had my hair buzzed down really short. I don't think I'll be going out for a while, but people in my home can clearly see I had something done.

If you want to keep your hair that short, the only option for you is FUE. You will heal up a good bit in a week, but it will be detectable at that point.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

If short hair is what you desire..PLEASE stay away from HT. I have regretted it from day 1 because I did not do the proper reasearch and my dr. didnt inform me that. Shave your head and learn a few good jokes and trust me you will be happier.. just my opinion. good luck

I shaved my hair every week for 4 years with a blade 1 after a 1000 fue graft surgery and i never had a single person spot it or say anything and i have the type of mates that would have ripped the piss if they'd of had a clue.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk