15 year old Male Class: Congenital Temporal Triangular Alopecia (476 Grafts)

Dr. Mohebi--476 Total FUT grafts on Patchy hair loss or Congential Temporal Triangular Alopecia (CTTA) --10 Months Elapsed

On 11/4/2009, Dr. Parsa Mohebi performed a FUT Hair Restoration procedure on a 15 year old male with:

• Hair loss pattern -- Patchy

• Hair color -- Brown

• Hair character -- Wavy

• Hair thickness – Thick

Treatment Plan as of 09/22/2009 (date of consultation):

• planned for a hair transplant procedure with follicular unit grafts to restore

FUT PROCEDURE PERFORMED:

FUT procedure performed on 07/29/2010

A Follicular Unit Strip Transplantation with 476 total FU:

• 75 – for frontal temple hairline

• 401 - balding patch

5b32cf473c7f0_FrontBefore.jpg.9ce4fafdb6b6650346b1eda585f83505.jpg

5b32cf4747171_NewFront.jpg.b23ca1fcc0956aa530792f873b988a0a.jpg

5b32cf4756215_OldAngle.jpg.969ef4b5842225e31115c70a1b663892.jpg

5b32cf4766487_NewAngle.jpg.a201f97c1191b0884fdf97d166d98aea.jpg

5b32cf477beb5_OldSide.jpg.4790365d9a259464765681dfa1b559ca.jpg

5b32cf4786490_NewSide.jpg.4ccf42d4447ffa047e815bcc56e0d54a.jpg

5b32cf47987c2_sidebyside.jpg.b23457a9ed902a972a35f67101510e65.jpg

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration

Dr. Parsa Mohebi is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Dr. Mohebi,

Thank you for sharing this interesting case. To be honest, I hadn't heard of congenital temporal triangular alopecia until today, but a quick pubmed review explained the condition and indicated that hair transplantation works well in these patients. I'm sure this young man greatly appreciates your skilled work. Nicely done!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Woah, interesting case. A job well done too doc.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks for your comments. Patients with CTTA (Congenital Temporal Triangular Alopecia) are generally our youngest patients.

You are right Future_HT_Doc,

CTTA is a very rare skin disorder in which patients don't have active hair follicles in temporal areas. Unlike other patchy hair losses (Alopecia Areata and Alopecia Cicatricial) the scalp does not have any inflammation that may affect the transplanted hair follicles.

These patients should expect full restoration from a hair transplant surgery.

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

• Moderators

The kid is 15. What's going to happen in a few years when he starts getting normal temple recession and maturing hairline? He'll have the recession on the other side and the side worked on will still be growing. Isn't it just going to be uneven again at that time? I had more hairloss than that when I was 15.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Good point,

Temple recession is not seen in everyone who have male patterned baldness. If this patient develop a recession on the other side of his temple we can always restore it with a small number of graft.

Temple recession is not always part of the male patterned baldness and in those at more advanced stages of hair loss who have recession in temples, I recommend restoring the area. That makes a great change by keeping a youthful frame for the face.

Edited by Dr. Mohebi

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

Awesome work Dr. Mohebi. The kid looks happy. I don't know if this is a factor to look out for, but since the kid is 15, his head will still grow in size right? So, will the temple areas look the same in density later, or will he need any touchup in that same area? The work looks good though. Very nice.

Thanks for the comment Sean,

Growing head should not affect the thickness of templ hair. The hair in temple areas is generally less dense in comparison on the rest of scalp in nonbaldign people. As we discussed before, if patient ends up with high stages of hair loss with recession of hairline in temple areas, he might need to restore the opposite side becuase the right temple is now permanent and keeps that youthful look for the rest of the patient's life.

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of