Transplant done 4 months ago - no results yet

Hi,

I had my hair transplant done 4 months back by one of the respected Coalition Doctors. But till today I dont see any results, not even some slight growth in the transplanted areas. Am I talking too early about the results or do we see some results after 4 months.

Total Grafts - 2500+

Will post pics of before surgery and present ones soon.

Thanks.

Hi,

I had my hair transplant done 4 months back by one of the respected Coalition Doctors. But till today I dont see any results, not even some slight growth in the transplanted areas. Am I talking too early about the results or do we see some results after 4 months.

Total Grafts - 2500+

Will post pics of before surgery and present ones soon.

Thanks.

Originally posted by sr:

Hi,

Thanks.

Ive read 4 months is still early. Have you taken before pics and pics after every month? Sometimes pictures help us see progress that we dont see in the mirror. Would you consider making a web blog for us to see your profress? How many grafts did you get and where?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

SR,

Dont worry it is very early and they should be popping their heads through soon.Sometimes it's difficult to see the subtle growth, especially if you have existing hair.Over the years we ourselves have had patients asking us about growth around the four month mark. They have e mailed a picture and compared it to their pre op and hey presto the change was beginning to happen.

It really is a waiting game and of course you have a long time to go.I am pretty sure if you spoke to your doctor he would be saying something along the same lines.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

And here is the pic of my hair 4 months after transplant, I dont see any hair growth. When I see other peoples pics, they have quite a growth at 4 months. Looks like mine is a failure, will wait for another month before I talk to my doctor and post my experiences then.

Thanks.

4months-1.JPG.31f7354799fd66718730c596b29d0e57.JPG

sr-

Although very subtle, I believe I can see a difference between the two photos; all things considered you are still early in the game so not to worry- 2500 grafts should give you a great result and this will become evident in the next couple of months.

Grow well!!

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

SR thanks for the pics. Was a flash used when taking the pictures? icon_smile.gif

May I ask your age?

Was this your first HT?

Who was your doctor?

What method was used (strip or fue)?

How did you decide on 2500 graphs?

What areas did you have the graphs put in exactly?

Do you have any post op pictures?

Thanks in advance. I wish you the best of luck!

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by sr:

Yes, used a digital camera with a flash.

Am 32, about 2500 grafts and 4200 hairs.

Hair transplant done in the first half, not the crown.

SR,

Have you considered posting some pics every month in a webblog? They could be a help for you and others to view any possible growth. I have read taking pics without a flash in natural light is better. Is there some reason you do not say who your doctor is? If you want to keep it private that is cool. I just did not know if you missed my question. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Nothing private or personal, but I just do not want to mention name at this time and people seeing the photos may think the surgery did not come out good, which leaves a bad review about the doctor which might not be the case since I may be worrying bit early. Let me wait a few more months and see the results and then can do a complete post again with all the pics and details.

Originally posted by sr:

Nothing private or personal, but I just do not want to mention name at this time and people seeing the photos may think the surgery did not come out good, which leaves a bad review about the doctor which might not be the case since I may be worrying bit early. Let me wait a few more months and see the results and then can do a complete post again with all the pics and details.

I have seen some late bloomers that ended up with great results so I totally understand. I hope you have an awesome 5th, 6th and 7th month!

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

"are you popping MSM + vitamins? that should speed it up a bit."

actually msm is not proven to grow hair faster, and if it actually does increase rate of growth it will be the native hair not the ht hair that's effected.

sit tight sr. while i agree that from your pics there hasn't been much growth you are likely a slow grower. also just saw that rahal did the surgery. he is among the top docs out there. i wouldn't worry....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

sr,

Multivitamins are good for overall health. However, if you are looking for a vitamin that fights hair loss, I wouldn't hold your breath.

There is some clinical evidence to suggest Vitamin E might work. But I have yet to see any "real world" evidence if you know what I mean.

Learn more about Vitamin E and Hair Loss.

Best wishes,

Bill