Concealer for small spot in front?

Would toppik work in this little notch area in the front of my hairline?

Hair Restoration Journal -Hairline

I'm going to a wedding and bright lights make it look like there's a chunk missing out of my hairline right in the center..

I was planning on getting the spray applicator too. Unless there's something else that would work better for that front area.

Thanks

It doesn't appear that you have much hair in that spot so toppik probably wouldn't work very well for you there... especially since it is at the hairline. But I could be wrong, it doesn't hurt to try. Also look into dermmatch. I think medium brown is the color for you.

You do have a good head of hair and seem to be an excellent candidate for HT surgery. Think about it.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

It doesn't appear that you have much hair in that spot so toppik probably wouldn't work very well for you there... especially since it is at the hairline. But I could be wrong, it doesn't hurt to try. Also look into dermmatch. I think medium brown is the color for you.

You do have a good head of hair and seem to be an excellent candidate for HT surgery. Think about it.

I do have some hair in there, just much more sparse. Not sure it's enough for toppik to work it's magic or not.

Dermmatch looks interesting. Really appreciate the advice and will look more into this.

I have gone though all my consults with the Shapiro boys concerning FUT and am gonna try to do it this year. I just want something quick for a wedding as I'll be a groomsman and there will be a lot of pictures in a super bright room and possible outside in the sun (eek!).

Does anyone else with a hairline defect have experience with both and can compare?

I have gone though all my consults with the Shapiro boys concerning FUT and am gonna try to do it this year. I just want something quick for a wedding as I'll be a groomsman and there will be a lot of pictures in a super bright room and possible outside in the sun (eek!).

Awesome. SMG will set you straight! ;)

I think it is just really hard to construct a hairline with concealers. Much easier in the crown, based on my own experience.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 2 weeks later...

I would use dermmatch first and shadow your hairline forward slightly (especially if there's existing hair there). Then, I'd put the toppik, nanogen, or caboki (my new favorite) on. You can use a spray applicator, guard with your finger, or this little tool they have called the "hairline optimizer" (a jagged guard). The notch in the middle looks like an easier fix than the temporal recession, but I think you can bring that forward considerably with styling and concealers.

Do you ever wear your hair forward a bit? Use a paste or a pomade to mess it up a bit and bring it forward -- a destructured look. You don't want the hair all going uniformly in the same direction for this kind of look. You have great texture, and you're young enough to pull this off well -- even at a wedding.

For the dermmatch and Toppik (or other concealer), I'd go with a light brown. You look heavily lit in these photos, so if that's altering the color, that could be an issue. HOWEVER, if photos will be taken outdoors, you may want to go lighter anyway, since too dark of a concealer would look horrible in natural lighting, whereas slightly lighter would actually look pretty good (providing just a bit of shadow to your scalp and in between natural hair). If you're not sure, get two colors and mix them. I mix the blonde and light brown Dermmatch as well as the blonde and light brown Caboki (and did the same with Toppik). Get it all now and start playing with it.

You appear to have great texture, so you'll no doubt have excellent results from a transplant surgery should you decide to go that route. If you're a 3V, it's great that you're going ahead and using the Propecia (if your profile is accurate). A HT doctor will likely NOT touch your crown -- especially at your age. (I know because I started Propecia to stop my own receding/thinning and only had miniaturization in my crown, but Dr. Dorin said he wouldn't address my crown at my age. Others concurred.) That said, hair fibers will really thicken up the crown nicely. I can easily go without it in the crown with no issue, but sometimes I apply it there just to affect a denser look (for my own self-satisfaction).

• 2 weeks later...

I would use dermamatch and maybe a little toppik with a different style. Combed back is not doing you any favors.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.