Best FUT scar surgeons???

joshelstad

I'm getting a HT this winter. I have decided on getting an FUT because I want a lot of grafts and nice density to restore my hairline. Any recommendations on surgeons, (or any shared experiences), regarding FUT donor scars? I REALLY want my scar to be minimal, who out there does the best FUT scars?

THANKS!

I really like Dr. Dorin's scars as they are so fine and pencil thin. However, most docs should be able to produce the same thing.

My scar was pretty much impossible to find without the help of my hair stylist and good lighting. It was 1mm in width except for a small area on the right hand side that stretched a little to perhaps 2.5mm.

In my send HT, Dr. Dorin went back over and revised that small area that had stretched. It should all be 1mmm from here on out. You can see photos of my scar in my hair loss website under the 8 month mark, see link below.

Just make sure you take really good care of it post-op and apply the Mupironcin twice daily after cleaning and don't let blood crusts remain long as they will prevent the scar from closing properly, thereby making it wider.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

You have been given good advice........I had so much anxiety over the scar issue before I had my surgery, but felt much better about it as I spoke to my Dr. and his staff about it. Now that I had it done I am realize that the amount of anxiety over it was greater than it needed to be, but certainly natural. In the hands of a skilled surgeon most people will have a great scar outcome.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

When it comes to scars, I guess Dr. Hasson is very talented in this specific part in a HT. Dr. Bisanga is awesome as well. Also Dr. Rahal creates good ones, In my case he couldnt do that much cause I came to him with a 1cm wide scar :-D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

A lot depends on wound tension and physiology, but any doctor on here can give you a near impossible scar to find.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D