If you could pick one DR.

laguna

Hello forum,

I am a 24 year old male with a receding hairline and I want to talk to a hairloss Dr. about my options. If you could chose any DR. in the USA to visit and consult with who would your choice be?

Thanks.

Hello forum,

I am a 24 year old male with a receding hairline and I want to talk to a hairloss Dr. about my options. If you could chose any DR. in the USA to visit and consult with who would your choice be?

Thanks.

I could have chosen any doctor in the USA and I chose Dr. Dorin. Actually, I consulted with him and his partner Dr. True. If I could do it all over again, I'd still chose him. True & Dorin are located in NYC. I consulted with several other docs too, but I went with Dr. Dorin for my procedure.

Regardless of who you chose, I'd suggest consulting with several doctors as well as doing a lot of research, scouring the HTN and other hair loss forums and speaking with several HT veterans online, over the phone and, most importantly, in person so that you can see their results for yourself.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Everyone will give you their own favorite doctor and their opinions are totally valid. But the most important opinion is the one you come to on your own. So research your butt off on these forums and you'll develop a discerning eye with HT's. You will end up with a list of fav's and take it from there. Everyone is different - level of loss, type of hair, expectations, cosmetic aesthetics, etc. It is the patient's responsibility to find the doctor that best suits their own goals. But after spending some time on here you will recognize a few names that keep delivering amazing results.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I could have chosen any doctor in the USA and I chose Dr. Dorin. Actually, I consulted with him and his partner Dr. True. If I could do it all over again, I'd still chose him. True & Dorin are located in NYC. I consulted with several other docs too, but I went with Dr. Dorin for my procedure.

Regardless of who you chose, I'd suggest consulting with several doctors as well as doing a lot of research, scouring the HTN and other hair loss forums and speaking with several HT veterans online, over the phone and, most importantly, in person so that you can see their results for yourself.

Corvettester

cor, i looked into Dr. Dorin before you even posted...

what other doctors did you consider and what in the end made you chose dr. dorin?

Also, What about him specifically set him apart to you and why Dorin and not True?

Hairline work in the USA....my top pick would be Dr. Ron Shapiro hands down.

Cant decide,

I am very impressed by Dr. Shapiros work...how did you stumble upon shaprio and why would you say hands down?

USA- Dr Konior

Anywhere else- Dr Rahal

Newhair,

What about Dr Konior do you believe seperates him from everyone else in the USA and also why would you chose Dr Rahal over everyone in the world?

Dr Konior is, in my opinion, one of the most personal surgeons I've talked too. I probably sent him 35 emails and he personally answered everyone!! I also had an in person consult with him which was great. Also, just look at his results!

Dr Rahal is who I am booked with! Super nice guy and very informative. Can't wait till my surgery with him in January. Most people on this board will probably rank him one or two in the world.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Dr Shapiro has been a pioneer .in this field and is very well known for his hairlines. Every doctor has strengths and weaknesses. His strength happens to be hairlines which is what you are looking for. However, he is fairly conservative so don't expect him to over pack your hairline. He will give you good density without needlessly wasting donor. The naturalness of his hairlines is amazing IMO. I don't think you will find anyone on here who will disagree with me.

Also worth noting that he runs a great clinic that takes very good care of it's patients.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Dr Konior is, in my opinion, one of the most personal surgeons I've talked too. I probably sent him 35 emails and he personally answered everyone!! I also had an in person consult with him which was great. Also, just look at his results!

Dr Rahal is who I am booked with! Super nice guy and very informative. Can't wait till my surgery with him in January. Most people on this board will probably rank him one or two in the world.

newhair,

It sounds like you have done your research... I am very interested in Dr. Rahal and thank you for your recommendation. I am continuing to do research and have scheduled consultations with Dr.'s and am trying to pick one..

Have you looked into Dr. Ron Shapiro, which is one of my top picks also and if so what do you think and why did you pick Dr. Rahal over Shapiro?

Dr Shapiro has been a pioneer .in this field and is very well known for his hairlines. Every doctor has strengths and weaknesses. His strength happens to be hairlines which is what you are looking for. However, he is fairly conservative so don't expect him to over pack your hairline. He will give you good density without needlessly wasting donor. The naturalness of his hairlines is amazing IMO. I don't think you will find anyone on here who will disagree with me.

Also worth noting that he runs a great clinic that takes very good care of it's patients.

thank you for your response cantdecide...

Since Dr Shapiro is in my top picks along with Rahal, Dorin, and dr hasson...I would like to hear your expertise on any of these Dr.'s

Rahal is the best in the world IMO. He also produces great hairlines. I had surgery with him last October and my results are pretty amazing. Check them out on my thread in the patients results category. I had over 5000 grafts done in one sitting. Can not say enough good things. I would go with Shapiro in the US and Rahal if distance is a non issue.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

All doctors mentioned are excellent. I agree with the advice to consult with several top surgeons and decide for yourself. I personally settled on Dr. Ron Shapiro and I definitely highly recommend him. Once you get to the level of surgeons talked about in this thread it really comes down to personal choice. I don't buy into people who say any one surgeon is the absolute best. I do believe that research is key and that you should select from a handful of top surgeons. You are off to a great start in that process.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Rahal is the best in the world IMO. He also produces great hairlines. I had surgery with him last October and my results are pretty amazing. Check them out on my thread in the patients results category. I had over 5000 grafts done in one sitting. Can not say enough good things. I would go with Shapiro in the US and Rahal if distance is a non issue.

cant-

thank you so much for your quick responses. I am absorbing your responses, so for hairline work you would take rahal over shapiro?

Travel is no issues btw..

Thanks!

cor, i looked into Dr. Dorin before you even posted...

what other doctors did you consider and what in the end made you chose dr. dorin?

Also, What about him specifically set him apart to you and why Dorin and not True?

I felt perfectly comfortable with Dr. True or Dr. Dorin. In fact, I consulted with each of them twice separately. Once I decided to take the plunge, it was only a matter of who was available first between Dorin or True. Dr. Dorin had an earlier opening so I went with it because I was so anxious to get it done and over with.

I consulted with several doctors in person and online. T&D just stood apart because they were so professional, established and had great results. Also, I could tell that Dr. T&D were stand up guys.

You can read the long, detailed version of my consultations and decision to go with T&D at the link below.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159626-review-true-dorin-part-1-3-pre-op.html

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

hey guys just to let you know i have consultations set up with both doctors and my first impression is that rahal looks like he does denser hairline work and shapiro looks like his hairlines are more natural..

Any more thoughts on these two Dr.'s or moy thoughts?

Thanks

Can't go wrong with either SMG or Rahal. :D

Both do consistently stellar work. Definitely meet with both to get the vibe of each clinic.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

Can't go wrong with either SMG or Rahal. :D

Both do consistently stellar work. Definitely meet with both to get the vibe of each clinic.

hey aaron, Im wondering if you met with dr. rahal also? And if you did what made you come down to the choice you made. Thanks!

I chose Rahal for three reasons:

1. Consistent great results

2. Very large megasessions

3. Thin scars

He has other strengths, but these were my deciding factors and areas that I thought he excelled in.

It is important to note that while both Shapiro and Rahal are great, they have significantly different approaches so meet with both, determine what is most important to you, and then decide.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I actually didn't meet with Rahal. I've just seen a lot of happy patients of his on here.