What kind of Nizoral shampoo to buy?

Boba909

Hey guys, i was just doing a Google search for Nizoral 1% Anti dandruff shampoo and it is like $30 for just 200 ml. Are they generally that expensive? Can anyone please recommend a place to buy it? Thanks all :)

Also, i head that Nizoral with 1% ketaconazole doesn't require script while the 2% does. Is this correct?

Edited by Boba909

Boba909,

There's been a Nizoral shortage going on for quite some time. It seems that there is some manufacturing issue.

You are correct that 1% requires no prescription while 2% does.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Usually I pay around $13-14 for the 7 oz. bottle at Walmart but they haven't had any lately. Lucky for me there are several Mom and Pop pharmacies in town where it doesn't sell fast and they have some! There are several other shampoos with Ketoconazole, like Regenepure, Revita, and others.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

For Hairloss, 1% is useless. 1% is meant for light dandruff. However for DHT blocking, you need the 2% and you need to use it twice a week forever by leaving it 3-5 min everytime before rinsing it.

Although I strongly advise you to use REVITA shampoo, they sell it on EBAY and shipped for free by supplier called strawberry something!!! Revita shampoo is the bomb, it has all the ingredients that a hair needs. Its like ALL IN ONE :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any results with Nisim Shampoo? It's attractive to me as its more painless than some of the alternatives you see on these forums. Apparently it needs to be used in conjunction with another Nisim products though. I'm referring to the treatments in the link below if anyone wants to respond with their opinions?

(Link removed by moderator - See Terms of Service)

Ps looks to be a little pricier than what I'm willing to pay! Money back guarantee however so maybe worth a chance?

Edited by TakingThePlunge