Revivogen ?

A B

I know this topic is kinda old but I saw it on the topic list and had to post. I have recently been using Revivogen for just a few months now and I'd have to say that my experience with it has been good so far. I bought the three month supply and a bottle of both the shampoo and conditioner. I haven't really been using it like they recommend...(2 ml a night before bed every night)....I generally use it perhaps 3-4 times a week. I've always had a widows peak, but lately I have noticed that miniaturized hair along the curves of the peak are growing back thicker and longer over time, along with hair above my temples resulting in a more even squared looking hairline. All in all, I'd say that Revivogen's claim of reversing the miniturizing process brought on by DHT seem to hold up in my eyes. Now it should be noted that I do not have a very serious case of hair loss....but more of a pronounced widows peak/receding hairline. More serious cases of hair loss might not benefit from Revivogen if hair follicles have atrophied. Hope this helps, and if anyone has any questions just ask.

• 3 months later...

Azuredrake,

I recognize you posted this in July and you only have 1 post to your name, so I don't know that you'll reply to this...but...if it's working for you, that's excellent.

You are the first actual positive comment I've heard on the product. I guess I was just one of the unlucky ones.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Guys

Revivogen is only cosmetic in my opinion. These products like Nioxin,Revivogen are very expensive so I choose to use Nizoral and a good conditioning shampoo on other days. For me, I would only use

Propecia, Minoxidil, and Nizoral..

( some on here like MSM as well)

The others in myy opinion are not worth the money

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I've been using Revivogen since the 26th of August 2009 and it's now the 5th of November, so I've been on it for roughly 2 and a bit months. I did some research on what would help my hairloss (I've been on a downward spiral since I was 19, I'm now 21) and I chose Revivogen, although I was very tempted by Minoxidil (since it's much cheaper and there is a lot more evidence and cases on the internet) but I was wooed over by Revivogen's claim that Revivogen can be cut to 3 times a week once optimal results are achieved.

So, basically, the first few weeks I didn't notice much BUT I did notice that my hair did stop shedding like it use to. I use to have heavy shedding going on and I think it stopped the shedding, which is great since that was a good first sign. I say I think because I did a very unscientific test for it. I just basically ran my hands through my hair quickly over white paper to see if hair would fall out or not. Before using Revivogen, lots would fall out but after using it for 2-3 weeks, only a few hairs would fall out, I also noticed this when shampooing my hair (I didn't buy the Revivogen shampoo, I just used my own standard shampoo and conditioner). So I thought this was great and the shedding that was supposed to happen, as in the part that is supposed to shed the weak hairs and let new ones grow was not as bad as I thought it would be.

So, onto the first month, not much difference, though the shedding was still minimal compared to before. I also noticed that there were lots of small hairs growing in front of my hairline. I'm not sure if this was always there but I took this (actually, I hoped) as a good sign, that hair was actually growing.

About 2 months into it and I found that while I'm applying the Revivogen, I would find lots (well not really, about 5-10?) hairs on my fingers, though I'm not sure if this happened in the earlier months. I was a bit freaked out by this but I also noticed that most of these hairs were skinny hairs - as in, compared to my healthy hair, these looked a lot thinner. I'm hoping that these are the miniaturising hairs that are getting pushed out so that thicker, stronger hair can grow in its place.

Presently, the small hairs on my fingers while applying the Revivogen is still occurring and I would be freaked out by this BUT I've also noticed something else that calms me down a bit. I've noticed that hair is actually growing in front of my hairline, like not the small ones, well no the small ones are still there and are getting longer, but I'm getting lots of new growth. I can tell because the small hairs point in different directions to the longer hairs and they're pretty obviously new. I'm hoping that this continues and thickens up the rest of my hair and makes my hairline a bit better. I'm getting excited about this product again since at this point, it seems to be working, which is around the time that the website says it should start working! So fingers crossed!

Also, just a tip, the product does not stain your scalp, just make sure you give your hair a good wash when you wake up. Also, DO NOT put this on during the day and then go out, I am amazed at all the people that have done this (I'm talking about the "ask the doctor" section on the Revivogen website). It just does not look good when you put it on. Oh and it DOES stain the tips of your finger nails, the skin at the very tip of your finger is all orangey and it will wash off if you scrub really hard but it's quite annoying, however, since it seems to be working, I'm not complaining that much about it.

Mmmm... what else. Um, I guess I'm also quite surprised at how little "evidence" there is on the internet on this working. I would have thought a lot more people would have posted before and afters or just have blogs dedicated to week to week cases of whether this is working or not (some one should definitely do this). For me though, it seems to be working? I'm still quite early into it, not even 3 months yet, but hopefully by December or January I'll be able to tell. Anywho, I'm onto my second pack of Revivogen (as in my fourth bottle - oh the bottles do last but usually fall just short of the whole month so you'll probably be buying 5 or 6 packs of Revivogen a year instead of only 4 - or it might just be because I'm using it too quickly, I mean, I am using 2-3mls per night instead of the 1-2mls, but it's just noootttt enough using only 1-2mls, at least that's what I found).

Hope this helps everyone! I'll try to update if I remember to do so since I'll probably forget about this site icon_frown.gif, but hopefully I won't!

• 2 months later...

Hi all, me again!

Just an update on my progress with Revivogen. It's now the end of month 5 and I can actually see some difference in my hair. The edges of where the thinning was starting to spread to has considerably (and I mean CONSIDERABLY!) thickened, I'm quite amazed at that bit. However, the central area of my head and the front bit, plus the temples are taking a bit longer.

The central area seems to be a bit thicker as it now stands higher than it use to, if that makes sense. As in, it doesn't look as flat as before. The front is looking a lot better. The small hairs I was talking about before in my last post have grown much longer and new small hairs are growing in front of these original small hairs, so thats great. Also, my temples have filled with small hairs, which is also a plus sine these were definitely not there before revivogen.

The only problem is that it's taking very slow. Although I do see regrowth, the small hairs aren't enough to properly thicken the hairline, however, I think within a few more months, perhaps maybe closer to the 7-8 month mark, I'll see marked results. For now, the fact that regrowth is taking place where there was nothing before is a positive sign for me.

I'll update when I next see positive results, which will hopefully be soon!

• 5 months later...

It has been almost a year since anyone has talked about Revivogen (I think ). I started using it before my HT and will probably go back on it soon as I can. Has anyone had any new experience with it?

Thanks in advance.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

So after looking at all the dermatologist formulated marketing material on the web (and media) I have given in and dished out $230 US for 6 month trial of this product. I will use it as directed and provide updates to fellow baldies :)...

A little about me: I am 26 male and genetically 'condemned' to baldness. i have been noticing progressive hairloss all over the top of the head and hairline since I was about 18. I tried Propecia when I was 19 but then gave it up because of all the scary side effects stuff on the internet, (although I personally did not experience anything, but why take a chance... btw the supposed side effects go beyond just erectile issues... look at propeciasideeffects.com!)

So now the hair (or lack of) have become noticably thinner and therefore I have decided to do something about it...

• 1 year later...

So, I'm really curious to learn if anyone has had any success with Revivogen. There's not a lot in this thread about it.

My interest was peaked after stumbling upon this video:

(Promotional link removed by moderator)

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post that link or not since he is ultimately promoting the product, but he actually gives quite a bit of useful background information about it, which is why I'm including the link.

Skip to 2:30.

3 month supply for $85. Any thoughts?

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

Hmmmm I prefer using something like Revite/Regenepure. Both contain the ingredient ketoconazole which is said to be as effective as applying Minox daily.

I use 2% ketoconazole Rx 1x/week. And I've been on Minox and Finasteride since April, so I'm looking to expand my regimen.

So, the Revite has copper peptides which are good, and the Regenepure has the saw palmetto and other, better ingredients. so I see why people alternate these two.

To me though it seems like the Revivogen (in addition to having a shampoo) also has a treatment that you apply directly to your scalp. Are these DHT blocking ingredients any different that what's in Revite/Regenepure?

I'm reading a lot about the quality of Revite being not has good as it used to be.. not sure what's going on there. Did they change the formula? There seems to be inconsistencies.

And then there's Hairomega.. I have a lot of reading to do lol!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Revivogen shampoo for a little over a month and I have noticed less shedding on my pillow in the mornings so I'm assuming it's helping. Because I've only used it for a month, it could be a biological timing causing me to shed less leaving me to think the shampoo is helping. Who knows. I don't use the direct scalp therapy, just the shampoo.

• 5 months later...
Has anyone had luck with Revivogen? Considering adding it to my minoxidil, nioxin (just picked up the shampoo tonight) regimin.... but at $99 for a 3-month supply, and their somewhat hokey claim that it works better than Propecia.. has anyone had any personal experience?

Also, can I use it in conjunction with minoxidil ?

A

tried it and didn't work for me. now just using Dushi fibers