Considering a HT

hello everyone i am a new member from denmark

im 26 yrs old and started loosing hair about 3-4 years ago.

my tempels has receded and my middle top of the head is also beginning to go a bit thin.

i looked up dr. keser from turkey on the internet and saw some good results and heard some good things about his work.

is there anyone out there that have had a procedere done by him and can recommend him?

i think his price ( 3,5 euro pr graft FUE) seems fair enough.

thanks.

Before you start any procedure you should be using minoxidil and finasteride for at least 1 year that way you can see if the medication is helping you stop further hair loss. Right now it seems like you are thinning in the forelock and frontal third so it would be in your best interest to start as soon as possible. Consult with a recommended surgeon from this site to get their advice, there are some very good doctors relatively close by to you like Dr. Devroye, Feriduni, and Farjo.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I have seen many great results of Dr. Keser and he is currently on the top of my list, since im considering doing FUE as well and i prefer a surgeon who embrace this technique and not somebody who can do it but still recommend me to do FUT.

The main thing I like about his work is the density he provides with fewer amounts of grafts. However, I am still looking whether anybody had bad experience with him or not.

I hope we get more feedback from people who actually did their HT with him, because so far I haven’t seen any bad results coming from him nor anybody complaining about his work.

and it's always better to hear directly from people who been through the HT than just watching youtube videos and seeing before and after photos, so i really hope that we can get more feedback on him.

i forgot to mention that i am using propecia 1 tablet daily, and have been using them for the last 4 month aprox.

where are the doctors Dr. Devroye, Feriduni, and Farjo located?

i have read that alot of people have tried with minoxidil and that it didn't help and also in my country the price for that is very high in the pharmacy... around 200 dollars for 1 month supply and propecia is like 100 dollars for 1 month supply

what do i do if my hairloss in the front dont stop even though im on propecia?

do i then wait and wait or do i have a transplant and if more of my hair falls out do i then get antoher one or?

im very stressed about it and the other day i actully cried in front of my girlfriend.

have never done that before....:-(

That's very good that you have been using propecia for 4 months, but just so you know it takes at least 6 months to notice any real difference from the medication. Definitely continue until you reach 1 year and then consult with a doctor.

Farjo is in England, Feriduni and Devroye are in Belgium.

I know the medication can be expensive but this really will help you out in the long term. If you stop using the medication you can recede even further back and lose more hair. You will most likely need more transplant to compensate for that loss, so if you stop that medication you will most likely pay much more money for transplants as opposed to the medication. Also you can deplete your donor supply, so there is a finite amount that everyone has so you need to be mindful of this. I know this can be very difficult to go through but you just need to take this one step at a time and you can get through this. Also if you want to use some concealers to make your appearance look a little thicker you can use products like toppik, dermatch and nanogen they really do work quite well and can help you in the short term before you go through with the procedure.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

thank you for your answer.

i have to be honest i am really sad almost all the time.

i am using topix and i do think it works well.

i will continue with propecia for as long as it takes.

but im not sure wether i shold try with minoxidil. i would rather use that money to save up for a transplant if it should get that far.

i have some questions. is it posible to fill in my spots with a FUE surgerie so they are covered so well that it looks all naturel and my scalp is not noticebel?

how many graft would you guys estimate i would need?

and is it posible (in my case) to hide that you have had the surgery done to you work mates and friends.?

Judging from the photos You really don't seem that bad. Some thinning in the forelock but I'm not sure it's appropriate to add grafts in that area, because it doesnt' look thin enough. If there's too much density you can actually damage your healthy native hairs. Since you mentioned the temples and corners, you can maybe do a small treatment to both sides but that would be it, I don't think you can add thickness to the middle part. Try sending other photos that can show that area a little more clearly as the flash makes it hard to see.

• 2 weeks later...

i have mailed with dr. keser's assistens and they told me that i would need 1500 grafts aprox. what do you guys think? i think that is pretty much considering my hairloss is not bald area's (yet). if i claculate it will be around 5250 euro's... the question is if it is worth to do it if the result would not be much better than now?

they told me that he could plant 70graft per cm2. which sounds pretty good.

and they told me that he is avoiding shockloss by not transplanting hair to close to the existing hair.

im confused wether i should do it or not.

i think my hair situation is worst than yours (specially the hairline) and they also told me i need almost the same number of grafts. you have to take under consideration that pictures could be deceiving and this is just a guesstimate. when you go for your HT the doctor will set with you and confirm the number of grafts needed and give you the accurate evaluation of your hair.

IMHO Dr. Keser is one of the best in the world when it comes to FUE, so if you decide to go for the HT, you will defiantly be in good hands. im also considering an HT with him early next year hopefully.

Good luck with whatever decision you take.

Johnny,

There is so much that needs to be known before a solid recommendation can be made. Your hair in the front still looks pretty good but an advancing hair loss pattern may be in the future.

What is the familial history of hair loss? How old are you? Did the doctor do a microscopic evaluation to determine miniaturization study?

If you have values based upon the miniaturization study of active hair loss, then why wait. The miniaturized hair is probably going to fall out anyway so you may as well address the problem now and enjoy the new asset for a longer period of time.

I understand your concern that it may appear to be a lateral move, but if active hair loss is going on then you can frame it as seamless transition to not having the appearance of baldness.

Like I suggested above; a bit more clinical information needs to be factored in before a solid opinion and advice can be rendered.

best of Health

"Opinions and expressions are solely my own!"

Im from Denmark aswell. Buy the generic version of Rogaine - Kirkland minoxidil you can get 6 months supply for 25 USD on ebay. Buy proscar (1000 dkk for a years supply) and cut it to quarters or buy a geniric version of proscar called sanzhos. I do that and you can see on the pictures of my profile that they work. You can buy a pill cutter at any pharmacy. Sanzhos cost 100 dkk for a years supply. Or look into finpecia which is a generic version of propecia. Give it around 9 moths time and reevaluate then if you need a hair transplant. You can benefit a lot from meds which you can also see in my pictures.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

rich: the doctor has not taken any samples off me if thats what you mean.

iv'e only consultet him online.

but no my hairloss is not THAT much now but in a way its more the thoughts of the futere that makes me sad.

but in your opinion do you think i would need around 1500 grafts based on my pictures?

cardel25: i have looked at your pictures. an the results look pretty damn good. BUT! the results you have is because of a transplant and not by the medicine (according to what iv'e can see at your story)

can you e-mail me cardel on danielkristensen20@hotmail.com so i can ask some questions in danish?

aim4hair: dr. keser's result looks amazing. is it also on youtube you have seen some video's with he's results?

have you talked to someone who had a HT done with him?

do you think the resulst with him could be some sort of fake?(like using toppik or something)

Johnny,

It is always best to make a recommendation based upon clinical information obtained in an examination and detailed history........but given your question I feel 1500 grafts would be a very sufficient number for you. This opinion Johnny, is offered but I really would like to know familial hx, miniaturization study, donor density and some of the other stuff that comprise a good faith examination.

Let me know how it turns out.

"Opinions and expressions are solely my own!"

hello everyone i am a new member from denmark

im 26 yrs old and started loosing hair about 3-4 years ago.

my tempels has receded and my middle top of the head is also beginning to go a bit thin.

i looked up dr. keser from turkey on the internet and saw some good results and heard some good things about his work.

is there anyone out there that have had a procedere done by him and can recommend him?

i think his price ( 3,5 euro pr graft FUE) seems fair enough.

thanks.

look into Dr. Gho at the HASCI clinic

he offers a FUE-like "in situ" hair multiplication called HST

and his clinic is very close to you

Judging from your pics your hair seems pretty good...granted I'm sure it bothers you but like what was said earlier it may actually hurt you to implant hair in your frontal 1/3 bc it doesn't seem thin enough and potential shock loss can occur. So I would continue on the meds till at least 1 year and continue using Toppik as it can really produce great results. I am a big fan of this as well and it allows you to buy some time while you do your HT research...unfortunately the only thing you can probably do right now is sit and wait it out...but in the interim you should be taking advantage of this down time to research all your options and gain knowledge about HT's bc believe me there is a ton to learn. You already did the right thing in joining this site. Good luck and keep us posted!

The way you are styling your hair is not helping the appearance of density. If i were you I'd grow it out a bit longer and spike it up. This will layer it and add to the illusion of density. Add some concealer and you'll be good to go.

Btw, the still of Morgan Freeman in the background is kind of spooky, lol....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

rich: the doctor has not taken any samples off me if thats what you mean.

iv'e only consultet him online.

but no my hairloss is not THAT much now but in a way its more the thoughts of the futere that makes me sad.

but in your opinion do you think i would need around 1500 grafts based on my pictures?

cardel25: i have looked at your pictures. an the results look pretty damn good. BUT! the results you have is because of a transplant and not by the medicine (according to what iv'e can see at your story)

can you e-mail me cardel on danielkristensen20@hotmail.com so i can ask some questions in danish?

Hi. Thank you very much. My results are gained from meds only. I had my first hairtransplant a week ago so i havent gained much from that yet. The before/after pictures at my profile showes how much they helped. So get on minoxidil and finasterid before considering a HT. You can write me at thcar09@student.sdu.dk in danish if you have any further questions. I can help you get these meds. Best regards Thomas

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/