1720 Grafts by Dr. Vogel

Coach

I am not a big online person with pics and detailed descriptions, but I had my procedure done by Dr. Vogel on Thursday. The procedure itself was virtually painless. I had a total of 1720 grafts done. The procedure went as smooth as it could have. Dr. Vogel said there no unexpected surprises, limited bleeded, ..... The experience with Dr. Vogel was first rate all the way

I have had trouble sleeping at night, the pain in the donor area the night of and night after surgery was pretty bad. The percocets did not help at all, but the past 2 nights have not been bad. There is a lot of tightnest on my head but I guess that is to be expected. I have followed the post care directions meticulously. I have shampooed my head the past two days. I do not feel like I am doing it correctly or maybe I am being to careful, but I have been washing the donor area as instructed, then lightly padding the shampoo foam on the recipient area, before rinsing it off with a cup. I have also been spraying my head with the saline solution they give you and have used the aloe for the first time last night.

At what point are the scabs supposed to begin falling off? When does your scalp loose that tightness feeling? And how can I start sleeping? I have been sleeping upright since I had the procedure.

The scabs usually start to come off at between 7 & 10 days. By 10 days mine were mostly gone. Just don't force them. Following you shampoo instructions will result in them coming off when you get to the point you can rub the recipient area with your fingers. I had the same experience trying to sleep. The thing that worked best for me was using a travel/airplane pillow. It takes the pressure off of the donor strip. You will feel much better when you have your sutures or staples removed.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Coach,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Vogel!

As orlhair1 stated, 7 to 10 days is typically when scabs begin to fall. Once your sutures/stitches come out much of the tightness should be relieved.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

hi coach had ht with dr vogel in feb great experience had same pain first couple of days in donor area but it will go away you will probably go back in 10 days to have sutures out will probably see mary and dr vogel and they will tell you how you are doing. i was very careful the first week with the recepient area as i didn't want to do any damage. you feel better after the sutures are out. i think you will find the ht procedure easy compared to the waiting for the results. i went back to work after 3 weeks no one noticed, the hard part is the waiting for the results, should start seeing something in about 3/4 months. you will get pimples(good sign) the red scalp should start to go away. I'm at also 5 months and am starting to see a big difference, you will probably go back in 8 months for a follow up. good luck and good growing.

Horses,

Glad to hear you are starting to see noticeable results. I am very much looking foward to it.

I am scheduled to go back for a check up and have the sutures removed in about 2 weeks.

How long did the aloe and the saline solution last for you ?

The bottle of saline lasted about week think i used it 3 times a day, but you can make your own i think it is in your instructions, also the aloe was in a small container just applied small amount if you run out can get more at a drug store. Just follow post op instructions and you'll be fine. I was nervous thinking about all the bad ht you can see from a mile away, but the new procedures and this site take away all the worries. The only thing i can tell you because i'm 4.5 months ahead of you is the ht itself is like a day at the beach compared to waiting to see the results, but it is worth the wait.good growing.

I am in Post-op day 9. I have been virtually pain free for the past 4/5 days aside from discomfort while sleeping from the scar area and a little tightness, which has really reduced over the past few days. I no longer feel pain or tight when I laugh or move my eye brows.

I have not experienced any shock loss, but I still have most of my scabs on my head. I have showered regulary the past 3 days, use the aloe, and the saline every day. Typically, from what I read, usually 8-10 days for the scabs to fall off. They feel like they can come right off. Should I be more aggressive when shampooing ?

Don't be aggressive with your scabs. It helps to let the water soak on them a couple of minutes before you shampoo. Just keep following your instructions. They will come off.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I am officially 2 weeks post-op today. I could not feel anymore normal than I did before the surgery. Most of the scabs have fallen off. Any type of pain is almost none existent. Their is still some mild tightness around the donor area but nothing that affects any head movement. There has not been any shockloss as of yet, and there is hardly any redness on my head.

Is it normal to feel this good 2 weeks out? And now I just have to pretty much be patient the next 5-8 months right?

relax grafts should be fine. i know you are anxious and super careful but all your answers for your questions will be found on this site.now comes the hard part the waiting, the ht procedure itself was the easy part, next step should be shedding, and pimples (good sign) slowly losing the redness. in the end it will be worth it.

Agreed! After 10 days, your grafts are firmly anchored. Continue to be gentle but sleeping is not a concern at this point.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

Coach glad to see everything ok. Everyones ht is a little different, so you might see hair shedding, pimples ( i used warm compresses and aloe). You could look like you have less hair than before ht. This is all normal.you are going to be looking in the mirror at least three times a day looking for new hair. In about 2 more months you should start to see the change for the good. You are entering the hard part now the waiting. I'm at 5.5 months and it is going great better than expected, going back to see dr. Vogel in oct for 8 month follow up. Will probably have another ht in feb.

Yes they are, i don't have any pictures to post i tried to but i'm not that smart. However when i see dr. Vogel i will ask him to post my pre-ht and 8 month follow-up.all i can tell you is be patient, there are days you will wonder if it was worth it usually starting 1 month thru 4 months. But i can tell you it is worth it. I think my worse part was thinner hair 1 to 2 months after ht and pimples, but it cleared up.my hairline is natural and i swear i look younger.

Horses,

I'm very encouraged and can not wait for the results . Dr. vogel is the best and from what ive seen from his patients , you're right it will be worth the wait.

ELK are you going to Dr. vogel ?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi coach you are in the"what the heck was i thinking when i got a ht phase" it is the waiting for results that is the hard part of ht. i had mine with dr vogel in feb started seeing results in 4/5 months even better than i could imagine. your hair could be thinner than before ht mine looked thinner but than it started to fill in i'm a little over 7 months and couldn't be happier. i was worried about my hairline but it came out great. i will be getting another ht hopefully in feb to work on crown. so relax you should see results very soon. going back to dr vogel in oct for follow up.will have dr vogel post before and 8 month follow-up.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am 3 months and 8 days and there is no growth what so ever. I know be patient, be patient, but most of the growth that I read about on here people start seeing some growth in as little as 2, 2 and half months, and 3 months. I have nothing, there is nothing to have a even little hope about right now ......