Looking for advice on concealers

I had a hair transplant done 3 months ago and am now waiting to see the results. Since it is a slow process i'm thinking about using some kind of concealer. It would need to be pretty durable as I live in Singapore where the humidity results in a lot of sweating and I also do a lot of exercise.

Included below are some photos. I am hoping someone with experience can give me some recommendations on the best concealer to use. The last picture is more to get some advice on color match. Also any advice on shampoo which creates better hair texture.

My goals are:

1. Decrease the appearance of the bald spot on the crown

2. Make the vertex appear thicker

3. Add more texture to my hair, my hair is naturally thin and feels quite limp after washing. I am wondering if there are any shampoos that increase the texture of the hair.

I have been looking at this forum a lot in the past but this is my first post. Thanks and I hope you can help point me in the right direction as their are so many different products out there its difficult to know where to start.

Thanks

DPP_94.jpg.254766326d57361a9f3a9c321200fd40.jpg

DPP_95.jpg.25a96eced9f652796d3da3eff81b7eed.jpg

DPP_100.jpg.fde1cc7297453a24d93403cdb62f4de5.jpg

DPP_103.jpg.5ad1ad0636e18b6d276a126b862d2f31.jpg

brw989,

Welcome! I really can't speak from much experience. I have used Toppik only a couple of times after my doctor gave me a couple of free samples. I was pleased with the effect but really couldn't be bothered to apply it regularly.

From what I've read, it seems that many guys who regularly use fiber type concealers seem to prefer Nanogen.

Judging from your pics, I'd venture to guess that you would be a good candidate for either of thes.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Try a combo of Toppik (or Nanogen) with Dermmatch. I think that especially do well for your crown. I think light brown would work well for you. Give yourself a few times to get it down. Once you get in a routine it isn't so bad.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

The idea to use a combination of Dermmatch and Toppik is an excellent idea. That's what I do. Your hair color is about the same color as mine, and I find that the light brown is a pretty good match, but it looks even better when you take the blonde and lightly go across the top (after putting the brown on first). Also, before any of that, I like to use a combo of the blonde and light brown Dermmatch. The goal isn't to go on too thick with the Dermmatch, but just to cast a shadow on the scalp. Then, style, sprinkle on the Toppik--or other fibers--and spray.

Yes, you're buying double the product up front, but you're not using quite as much of either color, so you're getting just as much use out of them as you would with one color.

• 2 weeks later...

I second a dermatcj / nanogen fibre combo, It can be a ahssle to style every day whilst going throughthe transition process,

I can't stress this enough if you shower with a good quality hair thickening shampoo, it really does have a similar effect to the nanogen fibres the illusion of wider theicker hair shafts, so think about it, the shampoo adds good thickness then you add the fibres and they bicl up even more. I can't beleive the redution on the amouynt of fibres i have to use if I wash the hair with :

thicker fuller hair shampoo by shwarztkopf + nanogen daily volume shampoo.

Make sure you leave the shamppo n for at least 4-5 mins so almost all of the lather has been soaked up by the hair, you will immediatley feel the weight and volume as begin to rinse.

Then what works for me is to use some strong hold hair spray and work it in to the hair making the hair feel 'tack' then add the fibres' they stick better and blends in better as well

play around and experiment with your won hair and what works trial and error gets you a good outcome.

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------

I agree..fiber concealer is the way to go for you. I exercise a lot as well and have never had any real issues with a fibers concealer.

I have light brown hair similar to yours and getting a color match was always the toughest thing. I now use 20 Second Hair and they will custom mix colors for free. I use half light brown and half med brown and it matches perfectly.

Seems like light brown hair is the hardest color to match so you may have to experiment a bit but from your pictures it looks like you would be very pleased with a good concealer.