asking for openions on my hair situation (pictures included)

Hello Guys,

I am now thinking seriously of doing an HT (FUE since i want the option of buzzing my hair short once in a while). I have attached some photos for your review, as per your knowledge and experience, around how many grafts I may need???

I am a 29 years old, and the attached pictures were taking with my iphone cam (no flash) but under light (sun or lamp), which Norwood scale i am ?????

I am not on any medication right now because of all the side effects that may apply to some ppl (even though it's only around 2% who go through the effects but i don't wanna risk it at least for now since im about to start a family), so if i do an HT would my native hair hold up ? and in the future if it starts failing can i do other HTs ?

please let me know your opinions?

Edit:

BTW, i always shave my hair (with trimmer). but i haven't shaved for 4 weeks only to take those pics, so those pics are taking within that period of time.

Thanks,

photo-2-v2.jpg.9b16b062629efd8f5b90452b691e08ad.jpg

photo-3-v2.jpg.7a7d95d09b15115ff077f6289f195928.jpg

photo-4-v2.jpg.737c0544759fa83bc48d1c92d8f326ed.jpg

photo-5-v2.jpg.d568bccb148941ac9cfedc6559358639.jpg

photo-6-v2.jpg.687b444fa5172092ffd9311bdc84feab.jpg

photo-8-v2.jpg.426052ed12866a459bf01cdec43b8863.jpg

5b32ce8273edc_photo-shorthair-v2.jpg.231bd0c7e3dcfd130a4176e678b9888d.jpg

Edited by aim4hair

The first thing you should do is stabilize your loss. And like or not, Fin is the best way to do it. Hair loss is progressive. If you get a great FUE transplant done it is not going to save the already miniaturizing hairs you have on top and in the crown.

I think you need more grafts than a typical FUE session would allow, probably somewhere between 3-4K. FUE sessions are great but are better suited for someone with less loss.

If I were you, try Fin (don't let the side-effect hype scare you) and see where that takes you. If it stabilizes and strengthens your native hair then a FUE session might be appropriate.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Trying taking .5mg fin eod(half a propecia pill)..i doubt you will get full coverage with fue infact id nearly guarantee it..your heading towards a norwood 6 so unless you have a really great donor you wont get near full coverage,use rogaine foam too.

Do a google search for stephen he is doctor bisanga's rep,he is close to full coverage via fue and bht,he has had like 6 ops.

Simple answer is NO,propecia is the number one mediciation for hairloss,minoxidil works a bit on some people in that it may thicken the grown at the early stages of hairloss(it did for me) but it wont do anything on its own for you.

The best advice i can you is start of fin with .25mg eod for a few months then up it to .5mg this will ease you in to and maybe put your mind at ease that your not taking too much fin,it worked for me,the only minoxidil you should use is rogaine foam everything else is liquid and thats too messy sticky and irritates the scalp and leaves a flakey dandruff after if you mess your hair,maybe use nizoral shampoo too.

Give the mediciations a year and in this time research all your options,considering your loss a strip megasession will be the the best option to give you maximum coverage,you will have a thin long scar after so buzzing your hair to an #1 or #2 will not be an option for you.

Would using AVOGAIN MINOXIDIL %2 or %5 would be OK instead of fin ?

I have heard that it has less side effects and you just apply it to the hair instead of taking pills.

Take a look at the pictures i have attached to my profile. We have similar hairloss. Fin is really the one thing you need to get on if you want to hair on your hair. With such a high NW number you are you cant transplant your way out of loosing hair. Unless you spent loads of money and have several procedures some including lots of body hairs. I have very little sides after decuing dosage to 3 times a week.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

Thanks for the reply guys.

I am still debating whether to go on meds or not. actually as per my readings, the sexual effects (at least to some degree) seem to apply on MANY ppl who using those meds (not just small percentage) and there are even topics on this forum where people state their experience and talk about the effect they faced and the lack of sex drive they had while on them, some of them recovered after quitting but some of them did not go back to normal even after quitting them, and to me that is something I really don’t wanna play with (it’s more important than hair to me J )

This is why I asked for AVOGAIN MINOXIDIL %2 or %5 because I read some doctors suggesting using it after the HT to keep the existing hair (not growing back any of the old hair though, only maintain the remaining ones)

As per the FUE, i have seen some perfect results to some cases like mine done by good Drs as BHR in Belgium or Keser in Turkey. and they results were very professional with great coverage and density. And this is actually what made me think of doing it, I know it costs more, but I don’t mind that as long as it will give me the freedom to buzz my head in the future. I don’t mind to go through another operation after couple of years if needed if that option will make me avoid meds.

2 surgeries wolnt do it with that NW stage your are heading to me it looks like you are going to be a NW 6-7. The donor area is finit and you only have 6-10 thousands of grafts that can be harvested and with FUE its not possible to harvest as much as with strip. Not all hairs survive after surgery. So its far away from being able to provide you a full head of hair. Going down the fue road without meds in your case would be crazy in my opinion. You would later on be needing to add a lot of body hairs which is a expensive procedure. Unless you can be accept that you will always have thin see through hair that only on a big distance gives the illusion of density. Try and search for some people here high in NW patterns and see what they look like. If you have a high NW pattern you dont have the chance to pass meds and strip surgery and still demand a full head of hair. This is just my opinion.

Edited by cardel25

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

And im not aking you to take meds and get strip surgerys but just to be aware that without those choices you have to accept that you wont have a full head of hair. I think that buzzing down your hair and accepting the baldness is also an option that has to be given much thought.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Thanks Cardel... i see your point, i have been buzzing down my hair for a while, which actually looks pretty good on me from the front view (but i hate the profile because of my nose, which i never had issues with back when i used to wear my hair long), as you know having long hair covers those stuff. so im not happy with that and i really wanna do something about it, either have an HT or a nose job (and live the rest of my life happy with buzzed hair). HT is a better option for me since it's restoring your own hair without changing who you are, i never thought of having a nose job since i was always against those plastic surgeries procedures, but I really wanna do something about my overall look, so I hope the HT option works out for me.

Listen to what Aaron1234 and others are telling you.........they are giving you good advice. I do understand your desire for immediate improvement, but you have a limited supply of hair to use over your lifetime. Take your time and do a lot of research. It is not worth making a mistake that you will have to live with for a long time. If you take your time and talk to top surgeons only, you will be able to have a long term plan to help achieve your goals, but you have to have realistic expectations as well. Best of luck as you pursue this.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Aim4,

Have you done any consults with the docs you are considering? If not I would suggest doing that as you will get the most accurate assessment that way. I have the same concern as you wight the meds.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874