Got called a Chia-Pet by a friend who saw me recently

Long story short, a friend my best friend since high school actually recently saw me (im almost 7 months post up with Dr. Rahal) and said " whoaoo there chia pet" i started laughing.,

he was only one of a few poeple i had told i was getting surgery and actaully he had saw me 1 month post op and lets just say i didnt look to great then lol. obvously when he recently saw me there has been a big difference and it made me feel good to actaully have it recognized by poeple who knew me before surgery.

My question is how do i build on that. Dr. Rahal mentioned that i really needed to do something to stop my natural hairloss. he said its much easier to keep the hair you have then grow new one. which i think we can all agree with. the problem i have is that minoxidel and propecia have caused side affects. i have to be honest. and say that i actaully havent really noticed a side affect from minox but i have a bit of a chubby face and one of the side affects of minox is bloated face. and i just cant use anymore fat to my face even its a little bit. on fin i just get sexual side affects.

i gave in and bought 5 percent minox with azleac acid.. but i really need a DHT blocker. i really appreciate my friends comment and it shows iv come a long way. but what can i do to block DHT while avoiding side affects?

btw heres a recent pic. its not styled or anyting i usually take my pics out of a shower and dry to make sure to wash out any products as to not alter the pic but its a cell phone pic so its not great BUT of course when you compare it to my before picture its amazing.

Heres a link to my thread about my story if anyones interested. Click here

20110616025120e.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/20110505132113.jpg/]20110505132113.jpg[/url]

8/31-2011

20110819221050.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by gattaca

Hi mate,

You have certainly chosen a great surgeon ;-)

I regards to a DHT blocker if Fin is giving you issues you could possibly look into Dutasteride however be wary that the side effects can be somewhat more fluent in some people. Maybe have a search through the forum. The sexual sides if you do get them usually subside after a litle while. How long were you on Fin for before ceasing?

By the way your hair looks great at the moment mate! No wonder you are getting compliments with a mop like that :-)

Mike.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Never thought getting called a Chia Pet could sound like such a great compliment!

brother with the way i was balding! it was music to my ears! thats why im really scared im going to screw up dr. rahals hard work. really need to figure out a anti dht blocker..

when i heard chia pet i was worried cause when my kids get them as a gift around christmas time ,they grow in pluggy and uneven.but when isaw your pictures i was blown away,great result a grandslam result.this result gives people hope that there are excellent results out there.again congrats

I had to google 'chia pet' to see if it was complimentary or not. Looking at your photos, it's obvious they meant it in a good way. :D

You could try starting Propecia on a low and infrequent dose which you gradually increase. Spex recently made a thread about it which you can read here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160300-propecia-finasteride-transition-theory.html

You might be scared of ever dropping a Fin pill again, but I've heard several success stories from people trying this out, and as not many people have reported trying it at all, it seems like good odds to me. Worse case is you quit again.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hey mate,

MSM is good, however takes quite some time to kick into gear. It will disrupt the growth off all tissue eg: Nails, Hair, Beard etc. In some cases it causes lucid dreams. I found this within the first few weeks anyway. People report stomach issues upon commencement also.

Have a bit of a read, I would say at 7 months you have done a substantial amount of growing so MSM may not be a huge kick from where you are at, it definitely assists with growth though. No question.

Mike.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Hey mate,

MSM is good, however takes quite some time to kick into gear. It will disrupt the growth off all tissue eg: Nails, Hair, Beard etc. In some cases it causes lucid dreams. I found this within the first few weeks anyway. People report stomach issues upon commencement also.

Have a bit of a read, I would say at 7 months you have done a substantial amount of growing so MSM may not be a huge kick from where you are at, it definitely assists with growth though. No question.

Mike.

Hey noticed you just had surgery with Dr. rahal as well! im excited for you! i cant wait for you to have amazing results. are you taking msm? im really considering it.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Palmetto is a DHT blocker, as I'm sure you know. I'm not sure where you stand on Finasteride and it won't be as effective as using that, but if you're dead set against the drug route then there's no reason why you shouldn't try it. Remember, though, that SP can cause side effects just as Finasteride does.

For what it's worth, I've always thought it had a cool name. :D

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 2 months later...

Gattaca, try transitioning on Fin. Either try Spex's method or go .5 mg every other day for 1 or 2 weeks, then .5 mg a day for 1 or 2 weeks, etc.

BTW, .5 mg/day is 80 percent as effective as 1 mg/day!

While Saw Palmetto is hyped as a DHT blocker, I am unsure as to how effective it is. I have found zero information online about it's effectiveness. I can't imagine it being very strong but anything is better than nothing I guess.

BTW, your hair looks AWESOME!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D