Hair Transplant Decision

Hi i am new to this forum and need some advice. I am thinking of having a fue hair transplant (2500+grafts) with Transmed in Istanbul Turkey. I would welcome any feed back on them and whether they have a

:confused:good reputation for Fue.

Thanks Gaza48

I've heard good things and a couple of complaints. Not scaring you but you can't please everyone at times or whatever.

Who is it? Melike? Just ensure to ask her that she will be making the holes & that she'll be around during the surgery to supervise the planting of the grafts.

Pics?

Thanks Dutch for your reply. I currently take Minoxidil 5% and use Nizorol shampoo. I am 48 years old and am a norwood 5. I dont expect miracles but if i can get down to a norwood 2 i would be happy. I have thought of having fue if the transplant does not take i can buzz it down and move on. The trouble is who to go with and is it worth it at my norwood stage. I live in the uk.

Cheers

Gaza48

Hey Gaza,

Welcome to the forum, if you are from the UK I would look into speaking with Spex, a very well respected patient co-ordinator for both Dr Feller in NYC and Dr Lindsey. This forum recommends both Surgeons.

Spex is basically the Hair Transplant encyclopedia residing right in your country, I am sure he would assist you.

If you're are NW5 and 48 chances are your hair loss is mostly progressed, if looking into surgery I would also research Finasteride which can stabilize any future progression. Being a NW5 FUE is probably not the best option for you due to numbers. You will find FUE and FUT can differ in yield etc. As Dutch pointed out researching is your best option at this stage before pulling the trigger.

Cheers mate,

Mike.

Edited by MusoInOz

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Hi Gaza,

As per my research. Dr. Keser is the best FUE dr. in Turkey and one of the best in the world.

I am really considering a FUE as well, and if i make up my decision i will definitely do it with Mr. Keser.

The thing is im 29 and im afraid that if i go for HT, by the time my transplanted hair start to grow i lose more of the native hair :S ... since im not gonna be using medicine because of the side effects that apply to some ppl, and i will be making family soon so i don't wanna risk it.

Thanks,

If you are 48, NW5 happy to buzz if the volume is not there, then FUE is the way to go in my opinion because at NW 5 you may not have a crown to match the frontal volume, hence buzz short or shorter is a good option. (as you know FUE is good for that) And apart from your man in Turkey there are a few in Belgium with FUE worth looking at and being in the UK I don't imagine it will be too far to check. You probably know them but just in case you need a reference. At least one will try to push you toward strip but I think you should stick to your guns because they will do a decent job with FUE.

:confused:Hi guys thanks for everybodys input. Just interested if anybody has had surgery at Ziering Medical uk (the hospital Group). I know they had a bad reputation on this forum but have they improved since Ziering has got involved. Are they worth looking at although they only do Fut. Are they now a more professional outfit.

Cheers

Gaza48

:confused:Hi guys thanks for everybodys input. Just interested if anybody has had surgery at Ziering Medical uk (the hospital Group). I know they had a bad reputation on this forum but have they improved since Ziering has got involved. Are they worth looking at although they only do Fut. Are they now a more professional outfit.

Cheers

Gaza48

If I'm not mistaken Ziering performs the surgery in the US only and not in the UK. I wouldn't touch The Hospital Group with a bargepole.

The only Surgeon worth considering in the UK is Dr. Farjo in Manchester who only does FUT.

You say you are a NW5 which means you will need a lot of grafts for a good result in my opinion. Of course this depends on your expectations and you might be happy with a result with less grafts.

I agree with spex that you would be better off with FUT and not FUE. Many people including myself can buzz their back and sides down to number 2 or 3 even with a strip scar. Yes, maybe you could go shorter after FUE but I would bet you wouldn't get the same density on top as with FUT.

But everyone is different and thinks in different ways. Good luck.