use to be good looking now loat it thanks to hairloss. opinions?

2hillpark

Hi mate!

Indeed it is troubling when hair begins to fall out and change your overall appearance.

Just remember you are not alone in the battle. Have you tried consulting with your local GP in regards to using medications suck as proscar/propecia? Looking into Minox would also be a great step.

Posting some pictures of your current situation would greatly assist others in making judgement to where you are at. Depending on your ages and level of loss you may be a candidate for Hair Restoration however going the medication route for at least twelve months is usually mandatory.

If I can be of any other assistance let me know mate.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Well, my first thought is that everyone that is good looking and gets old enough will have to say I used to be good looking (with very very few exceptions).

Second, you do not have NEAR enough info if you are seriously asking for help. Important info is how old are you, what is your level of loss, posting pics will help people give good advice, are you on meds, what type of loss do you have? Anyway, these questions and maybe more need to be answered before giving you and real or helpful advice.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

2hill,

I just wanted to let you know that I merged the two threads you created about this topic. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Moderators
Well, my first thought is that everyone that is good looking and gets old enough will have to say I used to be good looking (with very very few exceptions).

Sure, but when you're already saying "I used to be good looking" at 20 years old it's a lot different than saying it at 50.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I know the feeling I used to have the confidence and the swagger of a t bird but when I lost my hair at 20 it damaged me mentally and physically but I still pulled any girl I ever wanted thanks to propecia and minoxidil, I grew enough back to feel ok but I never returned to supreme confidence. The key is to keep fighting and never surrender to shaving if it makes u feel much better with hair. Some people like me don't look good bald but am god dam tidy with hair lmao :cool:

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk