anyone shaved?

I know this topic had come up but I'd like to ask again because it's very important for me to freedom to shave my head.

Anyone around here shave their head regularly after a ht? w/without strip scars?

How does that make you feel?

• 1 month later...
Guest mariewoltz25411697

I had a FUT and I think about shaving my head almost every day. One of my friend shaves his head. His scar is visible. He is not concerned about it. He is much more confident than me though I have reasonable amount of hair. In a club he would approach a really hot looking girl. I look at him and ask myself whether I am concerned about his scar? The answer is no.

People look at your face when they are talking to you. They will notice the scar but would ignore it soon. On the other hand you would keep thinking about your scar a lot more. The strategy is if you shave your head, learn to ignore the scar.

I'm going to shave my head and have my scar camouflage with tattoo this Friday. I know the donor scar is a pain in the #$@#@. I've been using dermatch for years to cover the crown and scar and I'm just tired to put it on every time i go out.

Let me know if you want to see the pic of my tattoo scar.

Guest mariewoltz25411697

I heard scars require multiple procedures as they are prone to ink rejection. So, are you going to shave your head and soon after that get a tattoo? Alternatively, you could get the tattooing done and shave your head only after you are satisfied with the tattoo. BTW, where are you going to get the tattooing done? I would like to know some good places.

I am contemplating doing the same, and would like to see your results. Thanks.

I did a check spot about an inch on my scar and it turned out pretty nice. The person did my scar tattoo name is Athen akarsant

At the consultation, she told me it will take 3-5 visits to make it look super good. She seems pretty nice and honest to me.

I did a check spot about an inch on my scar and it turned out pretty nice. The person did my scar tattoo name is Athen akarsant

At the consultation, she told me it will take 3-5 visits to make it look super good. She seems pretty nice and honest to me.

I would love to see pictures when you are done completely..how far apart are your sessions?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Km888,

Thank you very much for sharing your story. I am not alone in saying I would love to see your pics, both of the test patch and the real deal, as well as why you chose this particular tatooist. Since my crown is dying I am once again in the hot seat and having to deal with scars and short/buzzed hair. I do really nicely if I ignore the crown, but alas. Anyway, once again, please post. I did tatts myself in 2004. Not a real success and I had to have most of it lazered off. The remains are blotchy and not really blended well. However, they do hide the scar somewhat. Mine was not professional at all, just a local eye-brow tattooist. I screwed up, but I think pigmentation could be pretty damn good if done right.

Hi guys, these are the spot check Athena did for me. (after 2 days).

I shaved my head and had my strip scar tattooed on Friday. Its still a little red-pinkish now. I will post the pics once i get my camera back. stay tune! I felt like a FREE person that was trapped for so many years after i shaved my head. I dont have to worry about the wind, rain, swimming, or people looking at my hairline when i talk to them. I've been using dermatch for years to cover my hairloss, but i can't continue to use anymore. It looks too obvious when people look at my forehead (hairline) with Dermatch. It doesn't look natural because i don't have much hair in front.

Depending on the person, but Athena told me that it will take 3-5 visits to get my scar looking good. I will come back in a month for checkup.

BTW- I had a bald spot (the size of this happy face:)) on the back of my head and asked if she can fill in with tattoo..... and dam it looked good...just a little red right now. for now my focus is just the strip scar.

IMG_0093.jpg.ad97b669576aff8f5b9bee91e0efd185.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg.6cb19718e001a873acb7a9cf4e21bdc8.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg.a7c3efadc0b844c840993aecdd5bd22f.jpg

Guest mariewoltz25411697

Thanks for sharing your pics. The scar is not visible at all. Looking forward to seeing the final pics.

km888,

This is very interesting! Thank you for taking the time to document and share your experience. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this works out for you.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

KM,

I am happy for you, and I know a lot of us are watching. I don't want to spread hype about SMP because it didn't work for me the way I wanted it in my first hurried and crude attempt. But this is good news.

On my radar the clinics to evaluate and monitor the following (feel free anyone, please add to this list) clinics, not in any order of merit;

a) HisHer Clinic UK

b) GoodLookInk Minneapolis

c) Dr. Rassman SoCal

d) Athen Arkasant Bev. Hills & San Fran?

e) The clinics that Dr. Ron Shapiro speaks of (who, where ever they are)

f) Artistic Solutions Burlington, Northern Carolina

I wouldn't endorse any of these clinics yet, mainly because of some harsh hairlines and no satisfactory explanation forthcoming as to why they can't achieve a graduation effect at the hairline. This leads me to the conclusion, that once the needle depth is set for optimal depth it stays that way, and like a robot the technician just fills in the space all the way to the magic marker hairline. I surely hope there is more to it than that. I am definitely going to take a look at Athen.

Once again, thank you man.

A huge difference with just one session. It's gone from something I would notice without even looking for it, to something I wouldn't notice unless I looked for it. If that makes sense :)

There seems to be darker areas above the scar, as if she tattooed BEYOND the scar area to enhance the camouflage effect, but I can't figure it out. Do you know if she only tattooed INSIDE the scar, or did she go beyond it?

Edited by scar5
Seplliingg

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw a poster oh the HisHer clinic board who is far from happy. The dots are too large. It looks good from a distance, but close up, the dots are too bold and don't match the native hair. So there, just incase we think they have 'cracked the code' , they (his/her) although I like what they are trying to do essentially, are also struggling to get it right, just like the rest of us.

Edited by scar5
I saw that the clinic is helping the guy

Guest mariewoltz25411697

Hi km88,

Its been quite some time since your scar has been tattooed. Could you post your final pictures of the scar? In the earlier picture, there is some redness. I would like to see how it looks now. Are you happy with the results?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi km88,

Its been quite some time since your scar has been tattooed. Could you post your final pictures of the scar? In the earlier picture, there is some redness. I would like to see how it looks now. Are you happy with the results?

Hi, this is my 2nd session. This lady told me i need 2-3 more sessions to complete.

22.png.16a7b1f09ac2e5eb39f9c85adad57f52.png

33.png.08c009ce555dabf346be540668262148.png

44.png.8e83f33a428e11e227a2e50f79d9e30f.png

IMG_0165.jpg.69c9721f7ef623db504ad2c866d141e0.jpg