May 25, 2011 - 2100 FUE grafts into the crown by Dr. H. Rahal

Hey Everyone,

I'm a long time reader of this website and I figured it was time I contributed. I've started a blog on the network website:

Hair Restoration Site for hadenuf

As expected, I had a great experience with Dr. Rahal and look forward to my new hair. I'm not going to write much here as all the details of my experiences so far can be seen on my blog.

Can't wait for people to read it! One step closer to being a bit more care-free about something that has been such a distraction in my life.

Cheers!

Congrats on the op. Do you know why Rahal didn't work on the vertex mid area and also not on the back of the crown? I did read your comments but thought he wouldve still given them some hairs, even if it was just a little. Just my opinion, obviously he knows best

Edited by Dutch

Congrats. The work looks great of course. I am sure you will be thrilled.

Happy growing and would say heal well but it looks like you are already healed :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Congrats on the op. Do you know why Rahal didn't work on the vertex mid area and also not on the back of the crown? I did read your comments but though he wouldve still given them some hairs, even if it was just a little.

Thanks!

I don't know exactly what you mean by the "vertex mid area". If you mean the middle of my bald spot, then Dr. Rahal actually transplanted the most hairs there. But please clarify as I think we might be getting our wires crossed.

As far as my crown goes, there are two parts. First, the hairs there were shaved down with a razor right to the skin and those hairs should grow back at the regular rate. However, as mentioned in the blog, he did not transplant the back of the crown so that I don't get a weird crescent shaped bald spot if I continue to lose hair.

Dr. Rahal showed me a patient similar to "El Nino" (Hair Restoration Journal -Pre Op and Post Op) when he was describing his plan for me. If my results end up like his, I will be more than happy!

Hey hadenuf,

Cheers for the compliment pal and good growing to you.

I think doing the crown in two sessions is the best approach. I know if I had talked Dr. Rahal into trying to fill all of mine in first time my result wouldn't have been nowhere near as good. These crowns are just too damn big and eat up a lot of grafts.

When is your next session?

No prob, El Nino. Glad you didn't mind the shout out.

I actually meant I was impressed with your results 9 months after your first session. I am a true NW 3V and do want to use grafts for the front. I don't mind being 40 with decent coverage and a bit of a bald spot in the back. I'm just not ready to be there at 28.

The plan is tentatively set to have my second session around Christmas time this year. I'm sure I'll have a good idea of the density I will have back there by then, and hopefully Dr. Rahal can address it as needed when I see him then.

Good strategy. I had my first HT when I was your age and i didnt touch the crown area. Even now when I am in my mid to late 30s, I filled the top of the head with my HT#2 but not the back of the crown. I think the look that works best when you are middle aged is - "hey I do have a normal person's hair, but I am balding a bit at the crown, and that is totally acceptable (most ppl when you talk to / interact with them see your front and side profiles and not your top)" -- unless of course you have unlimited money and donor supply and you can get full coverage (very rare few with diffuse loss have that kind of donor supply in my opinion).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!

Pre and Post-op pics are in and I've posted them on my blog. I'll put up more photos and give another update some time next week. So far so good!

Thanks for the support all!