Hear of poor results due to poor post-op care?

Has anyone ever heard or experienced subpar results (FUE in particular) as of result of not following the post-op directions by a clinic correctly or potentially starting to be active a little too early? I've heard some people undergoing FUT may have had their scar stretched for participating in something active too early but not for FUT. I haven't seen any posts about losing a lot of grafts or not seeing grafts growing because of potential post-op issues like that.

One patient i know actually got caught by techs in the toilet pulling out freshly planted grafts from his hairline........ yep....work that out!!!!:eek: That guy then actually several months later came online to complain about his results.... Dooh not shit sherlock! How many more did he pull out when he got home......UNREAL!!!!!!!:confused::confused:

Hardcore trichotillomania :eek:

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Spex, was there any explanation given by the graft-pulling patient? Just nuts?

I doubt if you'll hear about poor results due to bad post-op care because patients will be unlikely to want to admit to it, or might not even realise that they've done damage.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Spex, was there any explanation given by the graft-pulling patient? Just nuts?

I doubt if you'll hear about poor results due to bad post-op care because patients will be unlikely to want to admit to it, or might not even realise that they've done damage.

I'm still wondering WHY would someone spend $4-5 a graft just to go pull them out, even before he left the office!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I'm still wondering WHY would someone spend $4-5 a graft just to go pull them out, even before he left the office!

some people are not rational

maybe he was trying to see how firm they were and tested them only to end up pulling them out

some people are not rational

maybe he was trying to see how firm they were and tested them only to end up pulling them out

Lol. I wonder why he'd pull out more than one or a few if any in that case!

I appreciate the insight. It was my own post-op paranoia that prompted my question (I had a transplant two and half weeks ago at SMG). I think I followed the instructions very closely and hope things turn out well. Sounds like it'll be fine.

Lol. I wonder why he'd pull out more than one or a few if any in that case!

I appreciate the insight. It was my own post-op paranoia that prompted my question (I had a transplant two and half weeks ago at SMG). I think I followed the instructions very closely and hope things turn out well. Sounds like it'll be fine.

best of luck with the HT, hope you get everything you wanted out of it :)\

I once accidentally pulled out a 3-hair graft. I thought it was a scab. I was doing something stupid - rubbing it or picking it - and it came out. It was about 5 days post op. I cried a few tears and haven't picked any scabs since. You can definitely tell when you've pulled out a graft.... sigh. Lesson learned.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group