25 year old desperately seeking for help with pictures.

Hello everyone,

I'm not very new to this forum ,some of you can remember me (maybe Bill as we talked in PM ).

As you can see from the pictures, I'm a definite nw 5 heading towards 6. I use the big three(propecia, minoxidil, nizoral). Also from the pictures everyone can see I'm buzzing my hair as lowest as possible.

This may sound ridicilous and funny to some but I think i have very different expectations for some. I really like my buzz look. I keep it at the clippers lowest and shave in 7-10 days. I'm not going to keep my hair long but my main goal is to have a nice hairline.Eventhough I may be super donor (which I'm not) and maximum scalp laxity (which is not) I wont be able to achieve what I want for long hair.

So my goal is to have a good hairline drawed an really give less attention to middle and crown. I mean to be a NW 1-2 and thinning look is more attractive for me than being nw3 with high hairline and longer hair.I've been researching but couldn't decice what I'll be doing. I've also looked in hair tattoos and other things etc..

So please guys give some opinions about this.Last week I contacted with hasci in Nederlands and they told me that I can keep my hair as low as possible. FUT is not an option for me. So any ideas and plans will be very helpful , thank you.

IMG-20110518-00171.jpg.80111d08cebe5b0a2af54e178b6fc1e8.jpg

IMG-20110518-00174.jpg.fdf95f2aab700159a616951dc0f736d0.jpg

IMG-20110518-00159.jpg.d3830f715c68fb92045cff5086ed76b8.jpg

Based on what I see here I don't believe you are a candidate for the procedure, and if you haven't already you should start preventative medications such as finasteride and minoxidil. Take another photo of your hairline that is closer and with better lighting so we can see it more clearly and it may give us better insight into your current situation.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

With those goals your options would be fue and/or tattooing. There is a patient named Stephen who is doing what you are talking about. He was a nw 6 and got something like 7000 grafts but he keeps his head shaved. I havent seen him on this forum but you can find him on Dr Bisangas website (BHR) if you want to see that example.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

I know I'm too young for an HT and really don't know the future loss, believe me I've been reading forum for the past 3 years.

There is a guy in our work who has a well defined hairline (he's 40 by the way) in an interesting way.If to say his donor is 70 fu/cm2 , he has a 1 cm wide hairline with 30 fu/cm2 and the top and crown is nearly empty, like 10 fu/cm2. However when he buzzes his head, he had the image that he do it with a good hair and I really want to achieve someting like that.

You are not going to get enough coverage with FUE with your state of loss. Look into Dr. Rassman's Scalp-micropigmentation. It is relatively new, but might be a viable option for you especially since you want a close cut.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

After reading your story I saw your photos and immediately thought that what you want is what you already have. It looks like you've experienced diffused hairloss and have retained your hairline.

Do you want a lower hairline shape or more density?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I believe your plan is solid, but there are some concerns that you should be aware of.

First, you're assuming that if you go the FUE route, you will not have visible scarring if your hair is buzzed to a #1. That might be true, or it might not be. I've seen FUE on a shaved head and couldn't tell anything was done, but I've also seen FUE leave pretty bad scarring. Granted, a lot of the bad scarring I've seen comes from bad clinics who use large punches, but there is still the possibility that you will scar visibly, and thus lose the ability to buzz your hair to the level you want. And that says nothing about the possibility of hypopigmentation.

Second, I'm not sure you even have the donor for any surgery. The lighting is bad, but in your second photo it appears that your crown is thinning to just a few centimeters above your occipital bump. If that's true, that's a pretty strong indicator that you're going to advance to a high level of baldess, and that you might not be a suitable candidate for any type of hair transplant surgery.

If you look, you will find a doctor willing to take your money and operate on you, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Good luck.

Hey. iv had the same idea. IM 23 yrs old and im probs a norward 3 just above tht nearly a 4. iv receded loads at the front but its ok at the back i have no bald spot, yet. But im taking propecia and i think its steadying it. Both my dad and uncle are norwood 7's and its quite obvious thats what im going to be. So im thinking of getting FUE , hopefully about $18,000 worth. i want my hairline re-defining, i wont have it too low but not to high either and i wont have it bang on straight , just curved a lil bit. then im gonna keep my hair at a grade 1 and if it goes at the back then so be it il just keep it short and least il have my hair at the front.