9 Months on Finasteride 1.25mg

Spanker

Well, it has 9 months that I habeen taking fin. I can say that I have had ZERO improvement. I can't tell if it has gotten any worse, but it definately has not gotten any better. I did not really expect it because my issues are my temples and hair line, but I will say that I was hoping.

Oh well.

Now I just hope that I am a responder to fin, just by maintaining.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

We all want to be one of the lucky ones who experience hairline improvement. I remember hoping to God that my hairloss would be reversed and I started treatment full of hope. Didn't happen. 5 years later, though, and my hair remains the same. I consider it worth it.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Spanker, pleased don't be down on your 9 months on Fin. The way I look at it, if you just maintain then that's that many less grafts, less cash, and more donor!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks yall. I am not really down I guess, but I was hoping for some obvious proof that I responded to it. It seems that my hairline could have broken up a little more since then, but I really can tell. I have thinning just to the left and right side of the center of my hair line and I hate it, so I could just be in a more critical kick and it hasn't changed. It's hard to tell.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It didn't grow hair for me either pal but it stopped my extremely aggresive hairloss and the regaine regrew most of my hair to a very good standard for ten years.

When i say it stopped my aggresive hairloss i mean i went from a full head of hair to a diffuse nw5 with all my crown more or less gone in the space of 6 months and then started taking propecia which stopped it straight away.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

It didn't grow hair for me either pal but it stopped my extremely aggresive hairloss and the regaine regrew most of my hair to a very good standard for ten years.

When i say it stopped my aggresive hairloss i mean i went from a full head of hair to a diffuse nw5 with all my crown more or less gone in the space of 6 months and then started taking propecia which stopped it straight away.

At what age did it hit you that aggressively?

View Spanker's Website

21 pal I couldn't believe it I thought I was poorly with cancer or something but doctors test confirmed mpb lol.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I've been on propecia for almost 3 years now. I don't think hair has grown but I haven't lost much since. Before they used to drop on my desk or land in my hand in the shower. It must be doing something & holding onto some of the crown hair. No progress in the hairline though, in fact that's just getting thinner so a transplant is a must this year!

I think my hairline is a little thinner than about 2 years but it's not real noticable.

I just can't commit to minox so I haven't started.

Also, my hair is fairly long right now and I have a lot of hair come out in the shawer. Probably about 20. But I have always since I was little had that much come out as far as I can remember.

View Spanker's Website

Spanker,

20 hairs is not a lot of hair, I would consider it normal after taking a shower. If you have long hair it would seem that your losing a lot cause long hair has more volume than shorter hair.

I've been on Propecia for almost 4 months now and hair loss definitely slowed down, like Dutch I used to see hair down on my keyboard while at work, on on my clothes etc, now there's hardly any hair falling down, and even when applying Rogaine Foam at night, between 5 - 15 hair is all I see, sometimes less than that.

No more itching on the scalp thanks to Propecia.....