22 Years old considering..

I'm a 22 year old with class 2 mpb, I'm considering surgery but Id like to know if its really worth it? Ive visited an office near my home, and they said all I would need for my hairline is about 1200 grafts to fill it in for now at $3 each.

Does anyone know if this is a reputable doctor?

MyHairTransplantmd.com

I must admit, I believe that I suffered from a decreased libido as a result of Finasteride, however, it wasn't such a big deal and I can honestly say it has passed and is no longer an issue.

The thing with Finasteride is it's impossible to tell what effect the drug will have on you until you try it.

I personally don't believe you should base your decision on other peoples experiences while deciding whether or not to take Finasteride.

Hey man, please read what I'm about to write very carefully. You might not like what I say, but you'll come to realise, through your own research that its the truth. I'm a year older than you and decided not to get a HT for now.

Hair loss is progressive, generally the earlier you start, the faster and further you will progress. There are many rubbish hair transplant docs out there that are after your money, tell you that you are a good candidate then scar and disfigure you.

The donor hair at the back of the head is finite and you cannot restore a full head of hair. Drugs like propecia help to delay the process of hair loss, but ultimatley it will go.

The problem with putting 1200 grafts into the hairline is when hairloss progresses, you're left with a tuft of hair at each temple.

My advice to you is this. Put off surgery until your hairloss has progressed far enough so you can get 3000 grafts in to the front third. That way, if you go to NW6 you will still look natural. ALL GUYS WOULD KILL TO BE A NW 2 like you. You're lucky, if you can, get on meds and make the most of your hair. And rest assured that when you hairloss progresses, you can and will get an amazing result (look at hasson and wongs gallery if you don't believe me). Good luck.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

I think thats pretty much solid advice from splitting hairs!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

You could put 1200 grafts in now, but when the rest of the front third starts to go you can't top it up as its going - you'll have to wait until the whole front third goes - leaving you with an unnatural look for as long as it takes : 6 months...3 years?? Imagine walking into work like that. Think it through mate.

You could maybe even try using nanogen fibres - I use it when I go out - and it works a treat icon_smile.gif

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Lights,

Your problem is that your baldness is so minimal, with your age so young, over the backdrop of not being on propecia/fin, that it would be incredibly difficult (if not outright impossible) for a doctor to do a good job managing your donor, which basically means you are setting yourself up for what will be a non-optimal HT.

It's really the combo of those 3 things, IMHO, that make a HT a risky, and likely -EV (expected value) play.

I would 100% go on fin; it is a minority, albeit a vocal one, who experience sides. Many who experience sides experience them short-term in the beginning, as well, and they dissipate. As a NW2 @ 22 my advice would be to enjoy your life as much as possible, get on fin, see how you react to it, and in 6months do some consultations with some elite doctor and clinics (you could do your consults now, but I'm 99.9% sure you will be told to get on fin, and come back for a more serious re-assessment after you have tried it).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!