HT surgeons in CA

Hi,

I am looking for the best HT surgeon in California, I heard about Michael Meshkin and did not find any reviews about his work.

If someone knows about Dr. Michael Meshkin work, please respond and provide your valuable comments and reviews.

Please also let me know the other good surgeons in CA for HT.

Your comments will help me to pick the best surgeon for my treatment.

Thanks in advance :)

Kumar

Kumar,

Dr. Meshkin is an excellent hair restoration physician. His cases are well documented on our community, and I invite you to review his recommendation profile (which contains example of his work) and use the forum search function to review cases and read patient reviews.

Additionally, feel free to review any of our other recommended hair transplant surgeons in California as well.

Feel free to ask any further questions!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

kumar11,

My advice is don't limit yourself to one geographic area. Look for the best surgeon that fits your needs. It's easy to catch a quick flight back and forth to get the best results. A guy I know was adverse to leaving CA and had his done locally in San Diego. I cannot recall if his surgeon is recommended on here (and even if he was, I wouldn't bad mouth him). Anyway, his transplants aren't terrible, but the density isn't that great--he had a good head of hair to start with and was simply bringing down his hairline a little. I feel like he shortchanged himself by just going with the first person he found locally.

For me, Dr. Alexander in AZ was the best fit for my needs after I researched a ton and from viewing his results. Other Dr. A patients that have emailed me directly through my blog have traveled from across the nation to AZ to see Dr. A. I traveled to AZ from San Diego, and my experience was very pleasant. The staff there is great and very professional and Dr. Alexander was top notch. 3 years after the surgery, a day doesn't go by that I am not glad for my decision to proceed with the surgery.

Best of luck in your decision!!

osidekid

Hi Osidekid,

Thanks for your valuable comments!!! I will definitely consult Dr.A before making any decision.I have few more questions on HT and will highly appreciated if you answer those with the best of your knowledge and information.

How much time does hair follies takes to grow after the surgery?

Is surgery painful?

Is there any side effects after few years of the surgery?

How much it cost?

I know that you might not have the exact answer but may be you can provide a fair idea on the above ques.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kumar, I hope this helps.

How much time does hair follies takes to grow after the surgery? Between 4 & 6 months the follicles will begin sprouting

Is surgery painful? Not bad at all, the shots are a little pinch but thats it.

Is there any side effects after few years of the surgery? I have none @ 4 years post op Ht #1 & 3.5 months Ht #2

How much it cost? Figure on $4.00 per graft, if u get 2000k grafts your talking 8K. Dr. Alexander offers 12, 18 & 24 month pavyment options with no interest. I took the 24 month option, pretty painless when you can pay like that!

Ask away if you have more questions or concerns, thats why we are here!

Good luck,

Atomic

kumar11--I agree with Atomic's comments.

I definitely started seeing changes at 4 months as shown in my blog.

I heard the shots were bad in the beginning, but for me they were no big deal. There is definitely discomfort for the first few days, but nothing some pain killers and ice cannot resolve.

It's been over 3 years for me and no side effects.

As for cost, I'd contact Dr. A directly--but Atomic covered that as well. Take care and good luck!!!

osidekid

Also check out Ziering in Los Angeles -- see my post elsewhere on this

How much time does hair follies takes to grow after the surgery? -- mine took 4 months

Is surgery painful? -- for me it was -- people say its pin pricks, I was actually screaming during a few of those injections -- worst part is not being able to sleep for 2 nights after the surgery (pain the suture area) - but its all worth it in hindsight, cost of looking a much better self than you were previously

Is there any side effects after few years of the surgery? -- none for me, the scar was a little uneven but if you kept your hair in the back long enough, it was undetectable

How much it cost? Between $4-5 per graft for a good surgeon. Dont pay more than 5, and if you paying less than 4, it better be for a mega session, otherwise there is perhaps reason to be suspect

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have another question.

When i went to bosely they showed me a donor strip of aorund 15cm in lenght and width was not too much. But when i watched the youtube videos for strip removal i got scared.. they were removing really large chunks. Can you please share your experiences on the strip length and how it looked post surgery..

Thanks,

SKJ

SKJ, yes theu do remove a large chunk of scalp. Immediaste post op the area is sutured together & you will feel a tightness in your scalp. You really can't see it especially if you wear your hair longer.

After my 1st HT within a few months my scar was a faint white line. Very hard to see or find.

So unless you are going shave your head or cut it very short, the scar should not be a concern.

Meshkin is cool no doubt. But to me, the king of the west is Dr. Alexander. His work is superb really, almost same level with Dr. Shapiro. He is one of my favourtie American choices. Hope this help. You can get more details from TAKING THE PLUNDGE member.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all you suggestion, I had HT session of 2850 grafts with Dr Alexander . It is almost 15 days and and the area of transplant is looking good and almost healed.

The donor area is still recovering, i don't know why but the swelling still persists after 15 days above the stiches/scar and is easily visible.The other thing which i noticed is pain on top of my head, it is not a donor area nor a receipient but when i touch it i feel pain,It is Mild though

I don't know it is normal after the transplantation.did anybody notice the same problems after HT then please suggest do i need to consult a surgeon.

Kumar, Congrats on your HT with Dr. Alexander! I want to assure you that the swelling & mild pain you are experiencing is quite normal for 2 weeks & even a month post op. It will begin to subside before you know it.

Dr, Alexander is an excellent surgeon, so you have no need to worry.

The one thing that you can do to speed healing & avoind complications is to keep the donor area very claen. Don't be afraid to gently use your fingers with shampoo along the suture line to scrub it clean. I did mine twice daily.

So hang in there, be patient, keep it clean, avoid heavy lifting & you will be on your way!

Good luck & keep us posted.

Atomic