Mature hairline or going bald ?

24hr

24hr,

Welcome! It's not possible to say for sure from simply viewing photos. Given your family history and the fact that you've always had a high hairline, perhaps you're not in for much more hair loss.

However, experience tells me from looking at your hairline and given your young age, you are probably going to see more hair loss.

I suggest consulting with a dermatologist or hair restoration physician. If you can find one locally that practices miniaturization mapping, you'll be better able to predict where your balding is headed.

If you are experiencing genetic hair loss, starting Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride) asap will provide the best opportunity to hang on to the hair you have and possibly get some new hair growth.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You've got some recession and thinning going on there. I hate to say that. But the good thing is it looks as if you have a lot of miniaturized hairs that Finasteride can save.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I believe you have some recession but given your age your hair looks pretty good.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I would say that your hair is probably receding beyond what would constitute a mature hairline and you probably do have male pattern baldness. It looks like you're thinning further back from the hairline (even allowing for the lower density of hair in Asians).

This doesn't mean that you will definitely experience a lot of further loss or that it will happen soon, but you should consider that it might.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my post. I'll keep an eye out for the hairline as time goes on.

I looked at some old photos of close up shots (driver license, work id, ect..) well the hair line is pretty much the same the last 5 years. It may receed more and it may not but I dont forsee it being at an agressive rate in this decade.

Like the other members stated, it does look like you're beginning to experience some thinning and miniaturization in your frontal 1/3rd. As David (TakingThePlunge) recommended, I would definitely research preventive measures like Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride) and you may want to consider a consultation with one of our hair restoration physicians to review your options and create a collaborative treatment plan.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my post. I'll keep an eye out for the hairline as time goes on.

I looked at some old photos of close up shots (driver license, work id, ect..) well the hair line is pretty much the same the last 5 years. It may receed more and it may not but I dont forsee it being at an agressive rate in this decade.

So basically you were looking for some reassurance that you were not losing your hair and, when you got responses that you were, you announce that you are not losing your hair after all. So this was just a game? I don't get it. Your front hair line looks wispy in a way that no normal adult hairline would That is what this forum is form. Cold hard facts. A splash of water to the face. A reality check. I wish someone had been honest with me earlier on.

Edited by TomCruise

So basically you were looking for some reassurance that you were not losing your hair and, when you got responses that you were, you announce that you are not losing your hair after all. So this was just a game? I don't get it. Your front hair line looks wispy in a way that no normal adult hairline would That is what this forum is form. Cold hard facts. A splash of water to the face. A reality check. I wish someone had been honest with me earlier on.

I was not looking for reassurance, if I wanted assurance I would have gone to see a doctor. I was looking for opinions and I figured the people in the forum would have the experience to give. I do appreciate all the feebacks though.