Considering a HT in the next year

I'm thinking I want to go for a HT in the next year , and I'm also thinking that I want to start with an FUE instead of Strip surgery because I just want to strengthen up my temple angles and the rest of my hair is pretty thick.

I've been on Proscar (cut into 4) for almost 2 years now, and the miniturizing has slowed down or stopped

Im in Canada so it would probably be easier to stay domestic, but I will obviously go to the doctor that best fits my needs.

Anyway ill put a few attachments of the situation, any advice would be appreciated

Picture_97.JPG.8fd45986cf8838bb92e19de69e3e7a8d.JPG

It's hard to tell what's going on at the front/middle where that lock of hair falls. Did you comb it down to show the temples or do you generally wear it like that? Cutting that front bit shorter will help to decrease the extent to which the temples appear receded, because at the moment it just serves to exaggerate the retreating temples.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

i just combed it like that to show the extent of the recede. I normally don't wear it like that. The middle tuft is decently thick with little signs of miniturization, but the temples have miniturized/receded quite a bit.

I'm 22 and would say im a NW2 (im thinking maybe when im 23 I might go for a HT). I havent really shed since I was about 20ish im thinking thanks to finisteride (I wonder though, I also stopped taking Accutane around this time period and wonder if some of my hairloss can be attributed to that)

I'm thinking I would only need maybe 800-1200 grafts maybe so FUE would be an option for me.

IMO the only surgeons in Canada that I would consider for a HT are Rahal, Nakatsui, and H&W (all recommended by the HT Network)... but it seems Nakatsui is the only one that does FUE. I would like to see some more of his work and I hope he could show post op donor areas in some of his cases, although all of his results seem pretty good so far.

I would really prefer not to have the smily face scar. Obviously down the line if the recession continued to get worse Strip makes more sense in terms of yield, etc (H&W, Rahal).

As for right now I feel my hairloss has stabilized so a HT would be nice to strengthen my hairline.

Heres a few with short hair, as you can see it would be a minor procedure. I coloured in what areas I would want transplanted.

Right now when I grow it any longer the temples dont grow as thick as i'd like

Picture_107.jpg.d4853a4dfd708a19bf2a85ac3aa148ff.jpg

Consult with a doctor. I am pretty sure the best ones will have you wait.

Its hard to say right now how your loss will progress. You have alot now, but at 22 the pattern is not established. If you can wait 5 years, then you will have a good picture of what to do.

nah mate, you have a great head of hair... do you have slightly receeded temples? yeah, but that's imo not enough to warrant a transplant at your age.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

I would have to agree. Your situation looks like mine when I was your age. As long as you have a solid forelock you can disguise the sharp angles. With a nice forelock you can have a U shape with a flat bottom, rather than a V. Especially if the front gives you at least an inch in width. You'd be amazed with what a good haircut and styling can do to conceal it. Try pushing it up and off to one side to hide one temple. Sharp angles only look bad when you can see both of them together.

I'm also considering having an FUE procedure, but only because my forelock has become weak now.

I'd have to agree, no one would look at you and think "he's losing his hair". It is normal for your hairline to change from the flat teenage hairline to a mature shape in your early twenties, it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to aggressively bald over the next few years, but then again, you might!

Don't mess with your hairline until you are at least 25, and preferably much older. A reputable clinic would not lower your hairline at your early age as it's too risky without knowing the future extent of the loss. Stay on the meds, save some money and think again in a few years time depending on how much further loss occurs. Good luck!

Bottomline is that you thankfully *don't* fall into the category of looking like a Balded Guy, and I'm sure you could be creative and style your hair in a pleasing way. But I can nonetheless totally understand your want to refine your hairline some with FUE.

I'd echo Emp and others and to go get a consult with some docs -- in Canada you have among the best of the best: Hasson+Wong and Rahal. Go do some consults to get their opinion and peace of mind, keep on the meds, enjoy life, etc.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

comments much appreciated,

I'm still planning on doing a few consults in the summer.

I suppose I could wait a few more years at this level. But like most young people I want things sooner rather than later, kind of ambivalence of feelings of course... I know the longer I wait the better in the long run.

But, I'll see wut the docs think when I get around to consulting. If they feel its safe given my family history etc, etc. I would go for it, and if not then I will wait. From what ive seen on here I will only do the procedure throught a top clinic.