How did you save?

I know this is a personal question regarding money, but i'm curious to find out how some people manage to pay for their hair transplants, as hair transplant are expensive, money is the first issue the comes to mind if your not rich ofcourse. So i'm wondering did any of you had to work full time so that you managed to save enough? , take a loan out or sell your stuff? i'm trying to work my ass off to save enough and sell all my personal belongings to raise enough money for a hair transplant as my parents aren't rich :( It's quite emotional but there's no other way :(

I have a small side business and have saved all of my side business money

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I got a part time job at HTN! :) Actually that happened after my transplants but it did help me pay the bills. I've never been good at saving. I put them on a credit card at very low interest. I think it was 2.9% for a period of time. After it was up I bounced it to a 0%, etc. Not ideal perhaps but at my age I really didn't want to wait much longer.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Limitlesshair, even though you are a little young for hair transplantation surgery, you are in an ideal situation to save for them. You are single and live at home. I had my 4 small surgeries while I was living at home. No bills, just saved all my money.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

i was actually quite lucky, i was thinking of leaving the company i was with, and then they announced redundancies, i took the redundancy pay, and managed to find new employment quite quickly, so i never dipped into it. I'm now using 70% of that money on a HT in July.

Yeah I Understand what you mean about being young, though i'm going to be 18 in 2 months. My case is quite different, it's actually not genetics as i'm not suffering from hairloss, I've suffered from traction alopecia so the hairline and the temple areas were effected and need to be filled ontop I have bald patch from an accident on the front right side of my hairline size of a 50p Coin :( but thank god My hair is thick so it can be covered with my existing hair. So I think a hair transplant wouldn't be out of the question as i have no other option, I'm going to meet Dr Lindssy for Consultation as he's willing to help restore the temples but better to know what can be done once i meet him.

Check to see if they offer financing options, this way you could pay the procedure off on a monthly basis, some even offer no interest policies.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Oh I see your situation now. You picked one of the best surgeons there is!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

my first ht i used the finacing from dr.it was acapitol one loan zero interst if paid in full in24 mos.my second procedure i took a low interest loan from one of my whole life policies.and the good part about second one is i pay myself back the money i borrowed albeit with met life earning the 5.9%interst. but for me i liked this choice cause when paid back istill have same amount of money minus interst in policy

I don't do well saving by myself. So I pay the clinic monthly deposits so I don't spend it on something else.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group