A two month update !

mav

Hey all!

Its been two months that I went in for the HT and I am quite satisfied with the results so far. I hadnt lost all the grafts after the surgery and some of them have already developed into full grown hair.

In-fact I was quite wary till I crossed the 6 week mark wondering if the early growth was too good to believe but once I was past that stage I was relieved that the new hair are here to stay.

The growth is quite evident on the right side profile and the temples.

I have uploaded some new snaps on my hairloss blog and also in the album that I had created post surgery. Do let me know what you guys think of the progress so far.

Cheers !

mav,

It looks like you're making great progress! The work looks very clean and refined and I'm sure you're going to have wonderful results.

Your new hairline looks great and will surely frame your face nicely but some may consider it a bit aggressive. I'm wondering if you mapped out a plan with Dr. Path for future hair loss. Since you have seen some thinning on top and have chosen not to take Propecia, how do you plan to deal with that possibility?

All the best,

TTP

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks plunge!

Honestly speaking I am relieved that you find the hairline aggressive because lately I was wondering if I should have gone a little lower. The receding hairline had messed up the framing and I had to have the hairline at this level to get any real benefit from the surgery.

Yes I am aware that I would need at least another surgery a few years down the line whenever the crown and mid scalp gets thinner. Doctor Path informed me that I have a very decent Donor area density- above 100 per sqcm. so that should be helpful in the future HT.

Btw I checked out your site and let me tell you thats one impressive result. congrats - you must be feeling quite good with your procedure. One thing I wanted to ask you was- there is marked difference between your One year snaps and the ones taken at the 13 month in the Doctor's clinic. Did you gain some density in that one month or would that be an optical illusion? I presume you are a late grower but the end result seems terrific mate.

Cheers !

mav,

I like your new hairline and I think you made a good call. It appears to be very strong yet still mature.

Thanks for checking out my pics. I do believe that I'm one of the fabled "slow growers." It appears that I've seen some degree of improvement in density and hair quality up to the 14 month mark but the results have fallen short of my expectations. The top down view still reveals a lack of density so I'm going in next week to fortify the thin areas and also lower the hairline a tad. I plan to post updated pics by the end of the week.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Originally posted by mav:

Hey all!

Its been two months that I went in for the HT and I am quite satisfied with the results so far. I hadnt lost all the grafts after the surgery and some of them have already developed into full grown hair.

In-fact I was quite wary till I crossed the 6 week mark wondering if the early growth was too good to believe but once I was past that stage I was relieved that the new hair are here to stay.

The growth is quite evident on the right side profile and the temples.

I have uploaded some new snaps on my hairloss blog and also in the album that I had created post surgery. Do let me know what you guys think of the progress so far.

Cheers !

Looks good mav.

How many grafts did you get and what does Dr Path charge?

Did you do any sight seeing?

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

Hey Drew!

I received 2500 grafts and if i remember correctly the charge was 85 bahts per graft.

I loved Bangkok and have posted a detailed account of my Thailand 'vacation' in the album that i posted. I was on my feet and checking out the best of Bangkok within a day of my surgery. It's a beautiful place and the people are very friendly and helpful. In fact i just might plan my next vacation to Thailand sometime soon.

Plunge,

I wish you the best for the surgery. Are you going in for Dr Alexander for this surgery? I feel that you already have a pretty good coverage and with the new surgery it would be just about as perfect as it can get- Its going to be a showcase HT. Please keep us posted about the procedure.

Originally posted by mav:

Hey Drew!

I received 2500 grafts and if i remember correctly the charge was 85 bahts per graft.

I loved Bangkok and have posted a detailed account of my Thailand 'vacation' in the album that i posted. I was on my feet and checking out the best of Bangkok within a day of my surgery. It's a beautiful place and the people are very friendly and helpful. In fact i just might plan my next vacation to Thailand sometime soon.

Would you post the link to that album with your photos of Thailand?

I looked at your Hair Blog, but didn't see any sight seeing photos.

Thanks!

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

mav,

Thanks! Yes, I'm going back to Dr. A. Despite the slight lack of density at this point, Dr. Alexander did a great job on me. My results are completely natural and my scar is amazing. I'm confident that this one will give me the results I'm looking for.

TakingthePlunge,

Shdnt your handle read taking the plunge againicon_smile.gif wish you a a perfect surgery and result.

Megatron,

Thanks mate. Our hair loss pattern seems identical so I am watching your progress with anticipation. Happy growing !

Fingers Crossed,

Thanks! Your work seems quite neat but then what else would one expect from Dr Hasson !you mentioned that you are experiencing some shock loss around the three month stage. I might be mistaken but I thought 6 weeks would be the time by when all shock loss wd have already happened. Did you consult with the Dr regarding the shedding?

No I haven't but I posted a question about shock loss about a month ago. I asked the following question...on average, when does shock loss normally stop? Some posters said two months, others said 3 months. I think I'm experiencing seasonal shedding. Hopefully it stops icon_confused.gif

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Mav,

Looks like it is going to fill in nicely! Congrats on taking matters into your own hands.

Remember it is still early days and patience is key to the process over the coming months!

I remember how difficult it was to stay away from the mirror, always checking the progress.

I'd love to hear about your Bangkok adventures and I'm sure the other future HT patients in Thailand would find it useful for the downtime after surgery.

Panama Jimmy