The Foxbar B&B in Ottawa is really nice

If anyone is going to have surgery from Dr. Rahal and going to be staying in Ottawa for a night or more, you should really check out the Foxbar bed and breakfast they have out there. It's reserved only for Dr. Rahal's surgery patients. It's cheap, clean, and run by a really nice guy. Judgment free area where you can relax, eat, and discuss things about your hair loss with other HT-goers. Much better than a 4 star hotel if you ask me

I agree. I felt really looked after when I stayed there. I think I was there for six or seven nights and had the place to myself the whole time. The manager/owner was really lovely and helpful, he drove me to do my grocery shopping on the first day and drove me to the airport on the final day. Nothing was too much trouble.

I totally agreed as well. I just had my HT with Dr. Rahal last Thursday and I stayed for 3 nights. At first glance on the outside, the place didn't look much but the interior was very nice and comfy. The manager/owner was helpful too, rarely stayed there but was available by phone.

The real big pluses for staying here were:

1. Location, only 2 blocks away from Dr. Rahal's office. This was extremely important, especially after my HT I was extremely week the next day but needed to go in for a post operation check-up with Dr. Rahal.

2. Food, fridge and cooking stove available. You can have your meals without worrying about heading out for food.

3. Meeting other HT-goers. For me this was very important. I was able to talk to guys who had just had their HT and here their story. It gave me some re-assurance that things would be alright and prepared me mentally as well. Everyone there was so supportive of each other.

Just a tip for those who are staying at Foxbar Guesthouse, the incline single couches in the living room are a lot comfortable than the one inside the room. They are perfect for sleeping at the 45degree angle.

• 6 months later...

We've had some Norwood 0 businessmen booking in for 1 graft FUE procedures just so they can stay at Foxbar while they're in town. High comfort and a chauffeur to drive them to the airport.

I'm kidding of course. ;)

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

El Nino...I am having the procedure in December and staying at Foxbar...I too was quoted $60 CAD a night...but is that including tax?

El Nino...I am having the procedure in December and staying at Foxbar...I too was quoted $60 CAD a night...but is that including tax?

Yeah it includes tax Capelli. There are three rooms, two downstairs which have a shared bathroom ($60). And one upstairs with an en suite ($70 I think).

I'd definitely stay at the FOXBAR again. Clean, they got special medical pillow covers, got everything.

You can't beat the convenience and price and location if you are going to do surgery with Dr. Rahal.

I gave it a raving review in my 3,000+ graft FUE thread. El Nino is right about the prices.

How's the food, and room service, if any?

You actually make your own food, they have a self serve breakfast. Other then that, you can order out / have delivery. Which is what I did for the days I was there.

But the fridge is stocked with lots of things. You can make eggs, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, coffee, tea, sandwiches, other breakfast foods, I don't even remember but the fridge is well stacked, with some sausage/bacon too, juices, milk, and more, etc.

They do have a decent seafood place nearby. I went there, I also ordered pizza at this place nearby (the pizza was good, not greasy). They got a couple of other restaurants and places nearby.

They got a book they give you with all numbers, places to go, restaurants, delivery, entree menus, etc.,

• 4 months later...

It seems to have risen substantially in price if the numbers in this thread are reliable. The private suite upstairs with its own bathroom, I have been quoted 110CAD!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I have heard word that they are moving the guesthouse to another house...heard it is even closer to Rahal's office...that is probably why the prices have increased as I have heard they did. Don't quote me on this but I heard from someone who got quoted and was told this. Heard the new house has more rooms and is bigger. It is still worth it in my opinion...really good experience being around other people with the same issue which in the real world is hard to find bc everyone is so secretive about it...it felt good to just be out in the open about my hairloss situation.

It seems to have risen substantially in price if the numbers in this thread are reliable. The private suite upstairs with its own bathroom, I have been quoted 110CAD!

I stayed in the upstairs suite a month ago and it was only 75CAD so something has definitely changed!!!

Sill though, even if its at the same place its with it!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I really don't think you need to stay 20 days. A lot of people stay 14 just to get the sutures out. I dont think you will get a discount for staying 20. It stays pretty packed most of the time.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I agree with NHP...20 days is a lot but everyone is different...I stayed for 5 nights/6 days and that seemed like a lot to me because I missed my own house which makes recovery seem a lot nicer and easier. Foxbar was great however and would def recommend it to everyone. There is no package deal from what I can gather. The actual 'recovery' time is only a few days...like by the time I left I felt fine...granted I had tightness and numbness, etc but there was no pain and my face was not swollen anymore. So you are ok after a few days...however you should def take off at least 2 weeks...cosmetically that is a different story...it takes a while to get back to looking somewhat normal because the head is shaved and you can see the scar...so cosmetically I would say at least like 1 month to around 2 months when I started feeling decent again.

Having that place is a great idea for Dr. Rahal. It is close to the clinic and is very affordable. If you feel comforatble being around other newly worked on gents then this is the place to stay. Personally I would prefer to have some privacy in the days after surgery but that's just me.