How many grafts do I need?

Yeo,

Have you considering using our Hair Loss Learning Center Graft Calculator to estimate the number of grafts you need?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Have you used any medications such as rogaine or propecia, I think you should seriously consider it if you haven't because you have a lot of miniaturized hairs in your crown and bridge regions which could regrow or become healthier. Also this would limit how much more hair you would lose in the future. Judging by these photos it's hard to say how much you need for the frontal third because I only see the photo of your crown and top, and you can't see the front at all. If you were to only do the crown and bridge I would say somewhere around 2000 grafts and not too much more because like I said above you can lose more hair in the front and top and you don't want to deplete your donor supply.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thehairupthere,

I had been on rogain and propecia in the past and seen some improvement, especially from propecia, but I became lazy and stopped taking... Recently I started on both medications; propecia for 2.5 month and rogaine for 0.5 month ago. I am glad to hear you say that I need about 2000 grafts for the crown and top, because that's exactly what I had done about a month ago. I wanted to get some expert opinions whether the number of graft I went with are sufficient to give a good coverage. I did about 500 grafts on the front third. I'm also into my third month of laser treatment. I am trying many things at once out of desperation, because my hair loss has accelerated of late... But the problem with this is that I won't know which of the medications/treatment work for me. All I care at this point is to have a good coverage as quickly as possible, as I am trying to schedule my wedding by the end of the year... I guess I'll worry about what works and what doesn't later... Thanks for sharing your expert opinions again!

-TJ

there is zero proof that laser treatment works as far as I am aware of.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.