Two- and Three-Month Marks

You can follow my evolution from the beginning here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158912-hair-transplant-soon-dr-gabel.html

Here are some pics from my two-month mark, which was the very end of February...

Still pretty thin in the front, because no new hair has grown in yet and some of my original hair is still missing from shock-loss...

2-Month-Front1.jpg

2-Month-Front2.jpg

2-Month-Top.jpg

For reference, this pic is my hair one day pre-op, December 29th I think. As you can see, I'm pretty much back to where I was then...

DayBeforeHT1-1.jpg

2-Month-Side.jpg

And the scar...

On the plus side, my scar that ran all the way across the back of my head is almost invisible now, even under these bright lights...

2-Month-Rear2.jpg

Here is the scar 3 days post-op...

Incision-3-Days-PostOp2.jpg

Big difference, huh?

More to come in a little bit, I'm scaling down some hi-res images to post from today (3 months post-op).

OK, here are the 3-month post-op pics from today (April 4th).

Looking slightly thicker in general, still no new hairs (I look really closely in the mirror).

3-Month-Front.jpg

It doesn't look this thin under normal lighting, as can be seen above, but here's a pic with a bright flash, just for brutal honesty's sake.

3-Month-Front2.jpg

Here's a top-down shot; no new hairs in the crown yet either, but he placed about 100 of the 1,800 hairs there, so it will fill in a bit as well...

3-Month-Top.jpg

Just for reference, here are two shots from 2 days post-op, before the grafted hairs fell out and before I'd lost any original hairs to shock loss:

2-DaysAfterHT-1.jpg

2-DaysAfterHT-2.jpg

If this is any indicator, I've got a very positive couple of months ahead of me; I've read that the first major regrowth period is between the 3-6 month window, which I just entered a few days ago. Can't wait to get back to this density on a permanent basis!

As far as the scar, I just got a very short haircut from a military barber about three days ago, yet my scar is still next to invisible and getting slowly better. Dr. Gabel really did a dazzling job in this aspect...

3-Month-Rear.jpg

Everything seems to be looking up and I seem to be back to "baseline", or about where I was pre-op. Hopefully the next few months will bring some positive changes. Wish me luck, and I'll keep everybody updated in this thread!

Edited by OtherSyde

The post-ops give a nice picture of what you should be seeing another 6 months from now. Really impressed at the lack of visible scar.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

OtherSyde,

Great to see you updating! Everything looks great up to this point. I'm confident this is going to be a home run.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for the quality pics.

I bet you're going to be seeing a big difference in two months... that's when things start getting interesting.

Happy growing.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Great post I really enjoy reading. Hang in there mine took a while to show up...look like a great HT. you will be so pleased once you hit the one year mark. I am going for my second HT in 2 weeks to get some density in the frontal area. keep us updated

Syde,

Thanks for keeping us updated! Your result is going to look great when fully matured. I really like the shape of your hairline in the 2 day post-operative photographs, and think it's going to be fantastic when the hair is fully matured and filled in at the new hairline!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for the positive feedback everybody!

As for how long my hair in the back was a few days ago (at the 3-month mark), I think the barber used either a 3 or a 4, as far as buzzer/blade length. A 1 would be almost-down-to the-skin-short, a 2 would be a very close buzz cut, and 3 would be the shortest length most guys who are not UFC fighters would want to use. It could have been between a 3 and a 4 at the time of the pics though, meaning probably less than a quarter-inch or so. It's a week later now, and it's still very short.

I'll keep you updated with (hopefully great) progress!