Dr Feller - 7th Jan 2011

destorius

Hey all thanks for continued feedback. I have to say I suddenly did get really worried after corvesster made his post- more loss and no hope of future growth is going to get anyone down! Like I said before ( and my girlfriend said after reassuring me for 2 hrs on the phone last night!) I'm gonna ride out this journey to the 12 month point and see where I stand. Again thank you all for your input.

I felt new Ht hair spikes poking through my scalp at month 11 with my first Ht that was by way of fue.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Corvettester,

Growth rates vary from patient to patient. And "growth" in itself is not enough to provide the end result. It's maturation that does the final job.

While many patients do experience 90% growth at 6 months, many of the growing hairs are still in an immature state or somewhere in between. That means that many of these hairs are thin, colorless and still invisible to the naked eye. Thus, since a large percentage of the hairs at 6 months haven't yet matured, the average patient only sees 50 to 60% of their final result at 6 months.

In my opinion, destorius' result is coming along nicely and I expect that he'll experience more growth and maturation to come during the next 6 months.

Best wishes,

Bill

Ank,

While you are entitled to your opinion and have a right to express it, there are ways to express your opinion without hurling insults and making untrue statements about another's result and another quality physician recommended by this community.

You are welcome and encouraged to debate any points you disagree with on this topic. I also don't have a problem with you sharing your observations about Corvettester's involvement on Dr. Feller topics. However, making untrue statements and hurling insults is in violation of our terms of service.

Please keep this discussion on topic. If you have any constructive criticism or feedback you'd like to share about Corvettester's results, you are welcome to do so on his discussion topic.

Best Regards,

Bill

Destorius, 6 months is far too early to worry about anything. I've had 4 HTs and not once did I hit 6 months and feel satisfied. No reason at all to push the panic button. Good growing!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey all, thanks again for all the constructive feedback. Just wanted to clarify, I wasn't trying to say that the HT was a failure at all! 6 months is far too early to judge and I have complete faith in where Dr Feller has transplanted- he is in my opinion one of, if not the best out there. Anyway I will update again in a fee months- enjoy your summers!

Destorius,

Constructive and honest comments are your best friend at the minute and people are coming forward in support of you, nice to see.

6 months is too early to assess your outcome and you are right to stay positive.

HT is not an exact science and some people are early growers and some are late bloomers. My situation is that I had some early growth which became static. Everybody is different. I don't mean to patronise you: I'm sure you know this already.

My advice to you would be to keep accurate records of your progress which will mean taking fair and credible photographs. Ensure that you are comfortable with the way in which your photos are presented. Photos have the ability to make a poor result look good and a good result look poor. Remember, if the Doc is taking the pic or somebody on his behalf, and I am generalising here, make sure you are happy with the presentation. Are the photos consistent with any pre op pics etc? Most Docs are ethical and I have seen some fair before and after photos along my journey but also a handful that in my opinion are questionable. This is no revelation in the industry, but definitely not the norm thankfully.

Also, don't get too hung up on photos. We don't live our life in a photo album, we live in reality. What I'm trying to say is that a photograph, no matter how it is presented, is no substitute for a face to face appraisal and I would urge you, if you have the luxury of doing this of course, to keep on board with Dr Feller and visit the office. This would be particularly important if you are dissatisfied with the result and you are too early to be in the category at the minute, but you should definately be turning the corner in the next couple of months though.

From his comments, Dr Feller seems to be on board and standing by you. Ensure you document everything for your own reference as you can be sure that Doc's do this, and so they should as its a working document, not least of all professional.

Chin up and stay positive, but grounded too. Its amazing how different your outlook on life is when you keep your head up. A little reassurance goes along way and i hope that I have managed to get this message across to you.:)

All the very best mate,

Jess

Dr Feller 1000 FUE Sept 2010

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I met Spex in person yesterday as I was in his area seeing family. Just to confirm what I'm sure has been said many times before - he is a super guy. We had a chat about where I am vs. where I should be and he thinks I'm bang on schedule. He then took a load of pics (much better quality then the ones I have supplied previously!). Please see these below. The final pic shows the post-op vs. where I am now - I think Spex was maybe a little conservative with his estimate on my left side (right in the photo) - i think the doctor went slightly further back (in depth). Only someone with OCD could notice that eh?! :P

What is clear is that the graphs have grown in and things look on schedule for 7 months. My right side is a bit further along then the left but when that thickens up (which i'm sure it will) I will certainly be one pleased chap :)

James

Left.jpg.feb44b514a16f585bee43d2dc117c212.jpg

Right.jpg.5d226f7357d09af55edaa09c3ec9b298.jpg

Front.jpg.d1a15f69c0c28de9547b12a63a594848.jpg

Comparison.jpg.165b1f06ab5331029e9eb8aa958ce95f.jpg

Also, I am thinking that post 12 months I will go back to the Doctor (if he will have me back!) to have a small "tweaking" session to address the section outlined in red below. By doing this at 12 months it will also give me the chance to touch up any other bits and pieces - should only be 200-300 graphs (FUE). Dr Feller does a "postage" stamp session so I will probably try this...

This should see me for for a few years (touch wood!) as Proscar, Rogaine and Nizoral is holding me steady.

5b32cef59abf1_furtherfue.jpg.7c38ca936e5f1f0bb50bd8c2f5ba4d49.jpg

Hey Destorius, You should try growing your hair out. Those areas you are concerned about would hardly be noticeable if you did.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey HairThere

You are prob right, but everyone I know thinks how much better it looks short. Also it would be nice to know I can have my hair as I want it- the HT was all about choice for me- I was fed up having to keep it a certain way.

How is yours coming along?

Thanks for asking D! Well, I am noticing the HT hair that has grown is starting to thicken and give some cosmetic benefit. I also feel a ton of stubble. I will update with new pics at the end of the month. Keep us in the loop as to your progress and if you decide to do the postage stamp session. I did one for my temple points and it was a piece of cake!

It looks to me a lot like you still have a bit of shock loss slightly further back than your ht thats the only thing that is letting your right side down and you have a little on the left side but it appears to be more sparse within the ht area on your left, i wouldn't say it was still early in the game but i see no reason why that shock wouldn't return and your left fill in with more ht hairs.

You just need that little boost now to put your heart at rest and know you're gonna be definitely happy but i think it will come like others have said fue grafts do have a ruff ride.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk